WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 92): Pets 103.2M (biggest OW ever for an original movie) | Tarzan 20.6M | Dory 20.3M | M&D 16.6M

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

March 2018 is going to have the three-punch combo of Wreck It Ralph, Deadpool, and RPO; all of them will be big hits.

RPO is the wildcard because it's not a sequel compared to the other two but I do think it'll be successful. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

As wrong as I was about Independence Day: Resurgence, I was spot on for Secret Life of Pets @cannastop

=)

Well, we still have to see about literally $330m. No one was in doubt about $200m, so this is nothing like ID2.

And my derby is right for Pets, so there's that.

Edited by cannastop

Just now, filmlover said:

Which of these Weinsteined titles will finally see the light of day first: Suite Francaise, Tulip Fever, or About Ray?

None? Seriously, who comes up with those titles??

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Which of these Weinsteined titles will finally see the light of day first: Suite Francaise, Tulip Fever, or About Ray?

Tulip Fever since they made the effort to pretend to give it a new release date.  I'm surprised the others aren't on VOD  or Netflix yet in the US.  They've been released elsewhere over  a year ago and the reviews aren't very good.

• Like 1

Just now, James said:

None? Seriously, who comes up with those titles??

These are movies released by Weinstein that are languishing on the shelf awaiting to be released (for a few years, in Suite Francaise's case). Tulip Fever (a period piece with Vikander, Dane DeHann, and Christoph Waltz) was supposed to open next Friday and just got pushed to February (...temporarily). It must suck working with Harvey not knowing if he'll throw your movie under a bus or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Tulip Fever since they made the effort to pretend to give it a new release date.  I'm surprised the others aren't on VOD  or Netflix yet in the US.  They've been released elsewhere over  a year ago and the reviews aren't very good.

I imagine they'll all be released by the time Weinstein goes under. It's only a matter of time given all their problems.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

WTF Suite Francaise was released here in April... of 2015.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've seen interviews with alicia vikander recently where she's talking about growing up watching the bourne franchise while matt damon is sitting next to her dying inside.

So Sad Damon ?

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i've seen interviews with alicia vikander recently where she's talking about growing up watching the bourne franchise while matt damon is sitting next to her dying inside.

Do you see your children, Matt?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

If only Matt Damon would reveal where the fountain of youth he drank from is located. He looks better now than he did circa Good Will Hunting/Saving Private Ryan.

You better ask Leo too.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If only Matt Damon would reveal where the fountain of youth he drank from is located. He looks better now than he did circa Good Will Hunting/Saving Private Ryan.

Paul Rudd as well. Brad Pitt looks young for his age though he can easily look his age sometimes.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, CJohn said:

Everytime I look at the Warcraft DOM box office I be like :sadben: Save us Assassins Creed. 

You've already doomed AC to a terrible fate.

• Like 2