grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Finding Nemo is huge for people my age.

Yeah Finding Nemo was huge for 2003. One of Pixars biggest and it's an amazing movie.

Finding Dory I guess proved how much it stayed with people so maybe it is this generations big one. 

20 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

2015 had a few runs that won't be replicated for awhile.

It was a very good year

For box office fans

With numbers in their eyes

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Summer 2016

Slight break outs:

Finding Dory

The Shallows

Break outs: 

Tarzan

The Secret Life of Pets

Future possibilities:

Jason Bourne

Suicide Squad

Pete’s Dragon

I'd say Suicide Squad will break out.

Star Trek also has the chance to have a MI:5 type run if WOM is good.

Jason Bourne is going to be hit or miss. It's going to live and die by the reviews.

Pete's Dragon I think could be a case of too many family films and have a run like The BFG is.

• Like 1

I seen Ghostbusters again due to some friends wanting to go and I've come to the conclusion that the only thing I flat out hate about it is the Fall Out Boy/ Missy Elliot version of the theme song that plays in the movie.

Just now, Rman823 said:

I seen Ghostbusters again due to some friends wanting to go and I've come to the conclusion that the only thing I flat out hate about it is the Fall Out Boy/ Missy Elliot version of the theme song that plays in the movie.

That is the weirdest combination ever.

After watching Ghostbusters, I think Feig could be approached to do a superhero film, maybe something like Shazam for New Line and DC? I think Rawson Marshall Thurber after directing Central Intelligence must be a contender since he's worked with Dwayne Johnson before and proved he can direct action as well as comedy.

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

I personally prefer Inside Out to Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King. The great novelist Ian McEwan opined that one thing that made written fiction and novels special and unique was that they allowed you to enter a person's thought process, to make a connection between the mind of reader and character. "Inside Out" though went to those places. I feel like it said powerful things about childhood, the mind, and feeling.
BATB is another beautiful woman-ugly dude pairing that basically involves a guy asking a woman to look past his appearance while it drives his desire for said woman.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Ah, The Land Before Time. That takes me back.

The Land Before Time opened on the same day as Oliver and Company. It made more worldwide but Oliver and Company beat it domestically. It was part of Universal's collaboration with Don Bluth and Spielberg that started with An American Tail.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Please, Tele was around when the actual dinosaurs roamed the Earth. He's the one that caused that fuckin' meteor shower.

I wonder how many old jokes it would take for Tele to ban someone on here. Id say as many as his age but thats an infinite amount. 

• Like 3