grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Mike and Dave was far from a lame comedy. In fact it was pretty darn funny. Funnier than CI. 

Eh, it was okay. The only thing I really enjoyed was Aubrey Plaza, at least until the script made her all soft in the third act. And Adam Devine needs to stick to supporting roles, there's only so much of his mugging one can withstand (especially when he's appearing in everything from movies to TV shows to State Farm commercials these days).

• Like 1

I wasn't a fan of Mike and Dave. But it has nothing to do with Efron. Adam Devine needs to go away and just not come back. He is so annoying and he's just meh to me. Quite frankly there is nothing Devine about him. Also Anna Kendrick is getting to the point where if I have to see her in another film soon I'll lose it. It's like she doesn't know how to say no to a script.

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I disagree with this. He's been around long enough that he is obviously develop relationships with producers and Studios and so on. One day he will get his break and one day just like Ryan Reynolds if he keeps at it long enough you'll find the right starting vehicle and it will turn out well for him. I like the guy as an actor and I actually like some of the choices that he's made it's just they haven't caught on with the public.

Thanks for reminding us of Ryan Reynolds, who chugged along on the cusp of stardom for quite a while, and endured a long string of flops. I certainly used to dismiss him constantly and, just like some now dismiss Efron, I assumed that he would never hit the box office stardom jackpot. But his patience paid off in spades thanks to Deadpool.

I also like Efron, and I find him very likeable and charming.

• Like 2

Unfortunately for Ryan Reynolds besides Deadpool his choices in films are a mess. The Hitman's Bodyguard sounds like a flop waiting to happen. And Life...while space movies have been popular lately isn't a sure hit but luckily for him he only has a supporting role in that instead of the lead like originally planned so that movie will fall more on Jake G than Ryan. 

Edited by Nova

1 minute ago, Nova said:

Unfortunately for Ryan Reynolds besides Deadpool his choices in films are a mess. The Hitman's Bodyguard sounds like a flop waiting to happen. And Life...while space movies have been popular lately isn't a sure hit but luckily for him he only has a supporting role in that instead of the lead like originally planned so that movie will more on Jake G than Ryan. 

Jake Gyllenhaal is hardly a box office draw himself. In fact, he and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are in the same boat: respected actors who can't sell movie tickets for the life of them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Jake Gyllenhaal is hardly a box office draw himself. In fact, he and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are in the same boat: respected actors who can't sell movie tickets for the life of them.

I know. I'm just saying if that film does bad critically or financially, I wouldn't put all the blame on Ryan Reynolds. 

Like some people will tell me that Criminal was another fail for Ryan Reynolds and I'm like he was in the movie for like 5 whole minutes. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Lol at that Ghostbusters number.  The studio is fudging that a bit higher to look good over $17m.  

:rofl:

Fucking Sony. Guess they will estimate a 50M OW on Sunday.

8 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Lol at that Ghostbusters number.  The studio is fudging that a bit higher to look good over $17m.  

More like 16,5?