grim22

Weekend Thread | Read first post for rules | Weekend #s: Pets 50.56M, GB 46M, Tarzan 11.1M, FTF 11M, MND 7.5M, Purge 6M

15 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I believe Conjuring is only the third horror franchise with two films over 100m. The other two being Scream and Paranormal Activity.

But all three of those franchises are rated R. I thought horror HAD to be PG13 in order to make money

• Like 1

We can 

15 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Things I've learned today:

Anna Kendrick needs to do less films because she takes too manu and this annoys some people. I mean, why would she want to make a living, right?

Adam Devine needs to go awat because he is annoying. His face bothers some people.

Zac Efron is annoying and a hack and needs to stop taking his shirt off. This would be better for all of us. Now pass me the potato chips and who's ordering the pizza?

Pets will drop 50% every weekend and finish with 285. 

Ryan Reynolds is also annoying and only has Deadpool. Every film he makes will also bomb.

So basically I learned everyone is annoying.

We can always go back to spamming about how it's stupid that Dory is making all this money because fish are stupid and cartoons are stupid and fuck fish and fuck cartoons and especially fuck cartoon fish. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Café Society has the biggest per-theater-average launch of the year so far. Definitely a promising start.

Really? I thought Swiss Army Man has a higher one. Or at least I remember it being high. 

11 hours ago, MrPink said:

Just totally remembered I got a trailer for Truth today at Ghostbusters.

Didn't that come out last year?

For a second I thought you meant:

11 hours ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I agree it could make a good movie, but I'm guessing that a live-action Danny Phantom film is the last thing on a paramount executive's mind.

Which is why if I ever made it to Hollywood, it'd be my first "blockbuster" pitch lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Really? I thought Swiss Army Man has a higher one. Or at least I remember it being high. 

Swiss Army Man opened to $35K per location (3 theaters), while Café Society is on track for $65K from 5 theaters.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

We can 

We can always go back to spamming about how it's stupid that Dory is making all this money because fish are stupid and cartoons are stupid and fuck fish and fuck cartoons and especially fuck cartoon fish. 

FTSBF 

You hate every actor. You hate a lot of movies. I joke around. Most know that. You really hate people because they have abs or because of what they eat or anything else u allow to bother you. You're a mini FISHNETS.

• Like 9

New chart just posted by DHD

1). The Secret Life of Pets (ILL/UNI), 4,381 theaters (+11) / $15.1M Fri. (-61%)/ 3-day cume: $50.4M (-52%)/Total Cume: $203.7M/Wk 2

2). Ghostbusters (SONY), 3,963 theaters (+11) / $16.9M Fri. (includes $3.4M previews)/ 3-day cume: $44.5M /Wk 1

3/4). Finding Dory (DIS), 3,535 theaters (-335) / $3.29M Fri. (-49%)/ 3-day cume: $11M (-47%)/Total cume: $445.6M/Wk 5

The Legend of Tarzan (WB), 3,551 theaters (-40) / $3.2M Fri. (-48%) / 3-day cume: $11M (-48%)/Total cume: $102.3M/Wk 3

5). Mike and David Need Wedding Dates (FOX), 3,008 theaters (+26) / $2.3M Fri. (-65%) / 3-day cume: $7M (-58%)/Total cume: $30.8M/Wk 2

6). The Purge: Election Day (UNI), 2,671 theaters (-150) / $1.9M Fri. (-53%) / 3-day cume: $5.9M (-52%)/Total cume: $70.9M/Wk 3

7). Central Intelligence (WB/NL/UNI), 2,381 theaters (-460) / $1.5M Fri. (-39%) / 3-day cume: $5.2M (-35%)/Total: $117.4M/ Wk 5

8). The Infiltrator (BG),  1,601 theaters  / $1.49M Fri. / 3-day cume: $4.6M/Total: $6.1M/Wk 1 Wed. opening

9). Independence Day: Resurgence (FOX), 2,290 theaters (-771) / $1.1M Fri. (-51%) /3-day cume: $3.8M(-51%)/Total: $99M/ Wk 4

10). The BFG (DIS), 2,182 theaters (-1,210) / $1.2M Fri. (-52%) / 3-day cume: $3.7M (-52%)/Total cume: $47.3M/Wk 3

• Like 1

I will be glad when Ghostbusters has come and gone and we can go back to having flame wars about cape movies again. The internet discussions were so much more peaceful then.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

Well, I thought GB was very entertaining and I would definitely welcome a sequel. It's an action/vfx/comedy and its nostalgic, perfect for modern taste. Idk why Deadline thinks vfx/comedies aren't a good combo. Outside of animation (which are basically vfx/comedies) I would think that's the top box-office earner. 

• Like 3

So Dory recovered to its first sub-50 drop since Pets opened.  Looking like 495 range.  Wonder if Disney will do whatever it takes to get it to 500.  

Pets looking at a 50+ drop, not even remotely similar to IO or Zootopia 35 and 30 2nd weekend drops.  It's going to be behind Mknions by at least 10 million after 2nd weekend.  Will probably run a bit above Minions for a week and then even or below for the rest of its run as Minions inexplicably started having very strong holds later in its run.  We still need to see this week and next weekend holds against IA5 before accurate guesstimates can be made about Pets, but Zootopia and IO numbers 

aren't happening.

Would take a MAJOR collapse to miss 300 but close to 350??  No way!!

Edited by Planodisney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Planodisney said:

So Dory recovered to its first sub-50 drop since Pets opened.  Looking like 495 range.  Wonder if Disney will do whatever it takes to get it to 500.  

Pets looking at a 50+ drop, not even remotely similar to IO or Zootopia 35 and 30 2nd weekend drops.  It's going to be behind Mknions by at least 10 million after 2nd weekend.  Will probably run a bit above Minions for a week and then even or below for the rest of its run as Minions inexplicably started having very strong holds later in its run.  We still need to see this week and next weekend hold against IA5 before we accurate guesstimates can be made about Pets, but Zootopia and IO numbers 

aren't happening.

Would take a MAJOR collapse to miss 300 but close to 350??  No way!!

If Pete's Dragon hits it could give Dory some Drive in double bill legs

My local drive in has put both The BFG and Alice 2 with Finding Dory these past few weekends. Why can't they give the people what they want and put it with The Jungle Book or Zootopia. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

My local drive in has put The BFG and Alice 2 with Finding Dory. Why can't they give the people what they want and put it with The Jungle Book or Zootopia. 

Zootopia is already in freaking redbox, man.

And the Jungle Book is three months old.

Funnily enough, Zootopia is in more theaters now than Alice 2, though.

Edited by cannastop