abra

Tuesday #s Pets be about 15.1M | FD 3.6M

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

The framework might be there, but I still hold it's simply not a movie any of the GA saw and expected a sequel in a few years. And I think the exact same thing is what happened with Dragon 2 (and KFP2). An admissions decrease at least seems inevitable. 

this is a fair statement.  frozen was full permeation in every sense of the word.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Would you say that Despicable Me was full permeation? Just the first one, mind you.

i don't think i would.  i mean it was huge I'm not saying it wasn't but frozen literally upended the kids market.  just coming from the music business side, what that soundtrack did was INSANE.  it's run was just as if not more impressive than the films.  Then add in the merchandising and the fact that EVERY single one of my friend's daughters worse anna and elsa costumes that year I just think it was in a very, very rare league.  And just know I LOVED Zootopia, but I don't think it's cultural impact is even in the same discussion as Zoo.

4 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

i don't think i would.  i mean it was huge I'm not saying it wasn't but frozen literally upended the kids market.  just coming from the music business side, what that soundtrack did was INSANE.  it's run was just as if not more impressive than the films.  Then add in the merchandising and the fact that EVERY single one of my friend's daughters worse anna and elsa costumes that year I just think it was in a very, very rare league.  And just know I LOVED Zootopia, but I don't think it's cultural impact is even in the same discussion as Zoo.

The point I was trying to make was that the first Despicable Me wasn't a huge culture defining event. The sequel still increased greatly.

Zootopia doesn't need to be the obsession of every 5 year old girl for its own potential sequel to be huge.