MinaTakla

Weekend Thread | Bourne 60M, Trek 24M, Bad Moms 23.4M, Pets 18.2M

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Universal have done everything to pretend that Bourne Legacy does not even exist, would genuinely surprise me if they do a sequel to the Renner movie anytime soon.

Eh, IDK, maybe a movie titled "Double Crossed" or something like that fast-tracked for off-season 2018 if they do wanna do a Renner/Damon meetup film directed by Greengrass in 2020. Could see that happened although probably minuscule chances lol

15 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Universal have done everything to pretend that Bourne Legacy does not even exist, would genuinely surprise me if they do a sequel to the Renner movie anytime soon.

There is a reference to Legacy in Jason Bourne. 

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Eh, IDK, maybe a movie titled "Double Crossed" or something like that fast-tracked for off-season 2018 if they do wanna do a Renner/Damon meetup film directed by Greengrass in 2020. Could see that happened although probably minuscule chances lol

Just now, Blanks McCoy said:

uh-oh. "double crossed"? call in the asset.

reg_1024.alexcross3.mh.062812.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Honestly I'd love to see Damon absolutely whoop Renner's ass. That would be awesome

Nah, they'll fight to a draw when suddenly Pam Landy shows up to inform them that she's "putting a team together." Cue Moby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blanks McCoy said:

Jason Bourne projections:

Weekend 2: 26.2M (-56.4%) cum 111.6M

Weekend 3: 14.3M (-45.4%) cum 137.9M

Weekend 4: 9.0M (-37.3%) cum 153.5M

Weekend 5: 5.9M (-34%) cum 163.0M

Weekend 6 (3-Day): 5.1M (-13.6%)

Weekend 6 (4-Day): 6.6M (+11.6%) cum 171.9M

Weekend 7: 2.7M (-47.7%) cum 175.6M

Weekend 8: 1.8M (-32.1%) cum 178.5M

DOM: 181.614M (3.027x)

WW: 643.993M (71.8% foreign share)

Updated Star Trek projections:

Weekend 3: 11M (-54.2%) cum: 132.5M

Weekend 4: 6.9M (-36.9%) cum 147.2M

Weekend 5: 4.3M (-37.4%) cum 156.1M

Weekend 6: 2.8M (-35.4%) cum 161.5M

Weekend 7 (3-Day): 2.6M (-7.5%)

Weekend 7 (4-Day): 3.5M (+125%) cum 166.7M

DOM: 177.436M (2.995x)

WW: 407.899M (56.5% foreign share)

Damn, this post is raunchy (and sticky). ;)

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Well, Rth said that STB is making most of its money from IMAX theaters, it loses all those screens next weekend to Suicide Squad. I wouldn't count on a good hold for next weekend tbh.

wait,...what?..hardly

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rth said:

wait,...what?..hardly

Didn't you say it set the franchise record in IMAX last weekend? And since it earned lesser than the previous 2 installments, I assumed that means that the IMAX share is much higher than the previous movies.

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think this movie will barely make 200 million worldwide. It may fail to make 100 million overseas. With only 6 markets left, I don't see this movie making more 48 million overseas ( it's at 52 million now ). Forget it.

Domestic grosses are unpredictable. Once Suicide Squad gets released, we'll see the drops for everything. I predict a 62-65% drop for Ghostbusters. 130 million not happening . Maybe 120 million will be possible.  80-90 million overseas. Total of 200-210 million worldwide.

For a movie with a budget of 144 million + 100 million spent for marketing,  200-210 million worldwide will be a disaster. That's zero profit for Sony, by the way. This is the same Sony that didn't like how TASM 2 made 700 million worldwide and smoked the series. They better hope Spider Man Homecoming makes a huge money, lol.

You're posts are very similar to those on IMDb. You should look up the marketing budgets for some other films. And read a bit more about international box office. 

Ive never seen a films marketing spend spoken about as much as I have for Ghostbusters. I wonder why that is :rolleyes:

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1