CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

Obviously there was a lot of interest but I don't think it was even reviews.  I've talked to people who thought it was "ok" but my friends and I all thought it was really bad. WOM spreads like wildfire these days.  The under 18 crowd isn't going to save this from massive drops.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Do I need to bring out my signature Green Lantern opinion? 

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Yes.

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

No5.gif

rUnST9BhMjEGI.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, K1stpierre said:

The only thing worse than GL was SM3, and that's only because walking into SM3 my expectations were great and have hurt me in way I cannot describe on this forum with violating the rules. GL I never had high hopes for anyhoo.

I see you still haven't seen Fant4stic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Also Cosmic Cloud Galactus in Fantastic Four 2.

Yeah, don't remind me. They're all relatively great and powerful villain, and they were all made into jokes, disappointingly.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Is it possible this is dropping so much because of some characters people were expecting to be in it more? I heard that from some people, hopefully I like the movie.

Trust me when I say the movie is a completely different movie than the one the marketing promised.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Let's just agree that Green Lantern, Batman v Superman, and Suicide Squad all suck and call it a day. Everyone wins that way.

Nice try but BVS was great and also, it's very offensive to compare it to the trainwreck called Suicide Squad. That one is barely a movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

Is it possible this is dropping so much because of some characters people were expecting to be in it more? I heard that from some people, hopefully I like the movie.

Could be that, could be people not liking it (watch every DCEU film from now on not have reviews until the day after release), or could be because of the Olympics. 

Just now, CJohn said:

I see you still haven't seen Fant4stic. 

I didn't love fantastic and really have no idea what the story is about at all. Spiderman was the only comic book story period that I loved growing up and watching the animated TV show I'd die to see. If I missed an episode (this was back before you could record shows obviously) I'd cry and be so upset. My favorite character was a tie between venom and carnage, they were just so bad ass and I don't know, just something about them I always loved. The first spiderman for the playstation I still call a classic, I just love the game and story and of course venom's role in it (so hilarious and to me the perfect venom) and Carnage was good to though limited (his few parts though, his voice was eerily creepy). So, I can assume how SM3 would have effected me. I'm so glad there isn't a carnage movie, I don't ever want there to be a carnage movie as long as Sony has the rights. If it got turned over somehow back to Marvel studios/Disney then I would put my faith with them.

I wonder if the behind the scenes shakeup putting Geoff Johns in charge of DC Films and DC Entertainment was related to not only BvS but Suicide Squad. Given Johns' success with Rebirth, I do have hope that he can turn things around. They've also gotten rid of Charles Roven from future DC films and I imagine after JL, the Snyders are gone as well so they're essentially starting afresh from Wonder Woman as Johns is co-writer and producer. 

• Like 1

Just now, mredman said:

of course the trolls are saying its a bad drop. But it was 20 previews, 45 friday, 35 saturday and these trolls are forgetting there is Olympics as well. This forum is on verge of becoming imdb infested by trolls