CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

7 minutes ago, Kalo said:

This weekend would be alot more exciting if the movie was actaully good. :sadno:

The weekend is great because SS is awesome :)

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

As always, my math sucks, but the Sunday estimate is pretty close.  It is a little bit less, but $1m at the max.  

Thanks as usual. What about the other holdovers? Were they on the estimates or some way over or underestimated?

Edited by BenedictL11
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The saturday-sunday drop was 11% smaller than BVS ( which dropped 33.3% ), but of course the articles are more worried and focused on the Friday-Saturday drop because it sells more clicks! :)

That was March and it was Easter when movies also drop harder than usual.

Still, it had a better Preview to W/E ratio than BvS 6.536 vs 5.99 but then it also had T-Mobile vouchers on Friday instead of Walmart on Thur.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

The saturday-sunday drop was 11% smaller than BVS ( which dropped 33.3% ), but of course the articles are more worried and focused on the Friday-Saturday drop because it sells more clicks! :)

Well BvS opened on a holiday so yea of course BvS was going to fall harder on Easter Sunday. It's the same reason why Deadpool barely fell on its Sunday which happened to be Valentine's Day lol 

I think the best comparison is GOTG for the rest of its run because it's the only other comparable situation. 

Edited by Nova

4 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

I'm still thinking to or over 70% decline this coming weekend for SS.

It will be interesting to see the numbers during the week.  It recovered better than the early numbers on Saturday and had a better drop than BvS on Sunday, so WOM might not be as bad.  I would think the drop next weekend is around 65% or so.  

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Still doesn't change the fact that SS might have better legs than BVS.

One had an IM of 2.04 and the other had an IM of 2.06. They're not that far off each other, actually. 

Edited by Nova