CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Beyond would have never opened to 60m in October. Gravity and Martian opened so high in October because of all the buzz, but that's far from a normal occurrence for an October OW. Also Girl on the Train, Jack Reacher, Inferno, The Accountant. The month is definitely stacked with adult skewing films, and at least two of those will do well. 

if Star Trek had opened in October Jack Reacher would likely have released in winter 2017 since they are both Paramount

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Who is excited by the Bumblebee Movie and the TFCU ?

Anyone ?

I am ok with more movies in the main franchise. Couldn't care less about turning it into a TFCU. I still don't believe the Bumblebee movie will happen.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It should make around $80-100M. Around half of Gone Girl, which is hardly surprising.

So far there hasn't been much buzz around the trailers, it won't surprise me if it does like 60M. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Beyond would have never opened to 60m in October. Gravity and Martian opened so high in October because of all the buzz, but that's far from a normal occurrence for an October OW. Also Girl on the Train, Jack Reacher, Inferno, The Accountant. The month is definitely stacked with adult skewing films, and at least two of those will do well. 

I honestly think it would. Jack Reacher would have moved to early 2017. Inferno is being dumped on October 28. The Accountant and The Girl on the Train are not blockbusters. 

The forum's favorite movies of 2016 so far (with a reasonable amount of votes): 

1. Zootopia: A-/93 (43 votes)

2. Kung Fu Panda 3: A-/92 (9 votes)

3. Eye in the Sky: A-/90 (10 votes)

4. Popstar: A-/88 (10 votes)

5. Deadpool: A-/87 (46 votes)

6. The Conjuring 2: B+/86 (14 votes)

The Nice Guys: B+/86 (23 votes)

8. Captain America Civil War: B+/84 (86 votes)

The Jungle Book (43 votes)

10. Star Trek Beyond: B+/82 (31 votes)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I honestly think it would. Jack Reacher would have moved to early 2017. Inferno is being dumped on October 28. The Accountant and The Girl on the Train are not blockbusters. 

Inferno will make its money from OS, domestic isn't an issue unless it's super expensive. I imagine Sony will be happy with a $30-35m OW and $100m total 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

So far there hasn't been much buzz around the trailers, it won't surprise me if it does like 60M. 

The book was a popular bestseller among women (heck, earlier today while taking Jr. out for a stroll I overheard two women passing by talking about having read the book and wanting to see the movie when it comes out). I think it could match Eat Pray Love numbers, at least.

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

Sure, he did it. After spending the whole movie in MoS questioning whether he should use his powers to save people. And then he spent all of BvS looking like saving people was making him miserable, he briefly ran away to the mountains to give Pa Kent some random cameo, before coming back.

huh ?? WTF did we see the same movie because start of move when we get to earth there was stories that he would pop up and save people thats how Lois tracked him down. And the first time we see Clark was him saving people from an oilrig. So what in the hell are you talking about here.

Beyond had one direct competitor to deal with and it hardly pulled some massive 100m+ OW or something. Competition wasn't even close to the problem. Nothing was making that film leggy. And summer was the only time I think it could have scored that opening. The hype for it was barley there to start with, trying moving it to any other season and the OW could have been disastrous. 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

KFP3 but no Dory? :sadben:

C'mon now guys, that Baums me out. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

Sure, he did it. After spending the whole movie in MoS questioning whether he should use his powers to save people. And then he spent all of BvS looking like saving people was making him miserable, he briefly ran away to the mountains to give Pa Kent some random cameo, before coming back.

He didn't spend the whole movie questioning that, he saved the kids on the bus and he saved the oil tanker.. the only conflict was Pa Kent who out of love and understanding the way people react to things, was afraid that if people found out about clark, they'd want to kill him, view him as a threat. 

That's all there was to it. A father protecting his child.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, mredman said:

huh ?? WTF did we see the same movie because start of move when we get to earth there was stories that he would pop up and save people thats how Lois tracked him down. And the first time we see Clark was him saving people from an oilrig. So what in the hell are you talking about here.

I saw a movie with a character arc. You apparently didn't.

26 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

On a side note I feel the reason BvS didn't work because the movie wasn't Batman vs Superman.

Its supposed to be, Light vs Dark. Its supposed to be two radically different tones clashing. The problem is they made Superman Batman, then made him face Batman. It was like Batman v Darker Batman. 

This. I'd give you a thousand likes for this post if I could lol. 

The  whole point of Batman and Supes fighting is because of how different they are in their philosophies from each other. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Cool but you need to update some of these vote totals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

KFP3 but no Dory? :sadben:

C'mon now guys, that Baums me out. 

Dory is 11th :lol: 

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Cool but you need to update some of these vote totals.

Hmm, maybe I'll do one later