CJohn

SUICIDE SQUAD WEEKEND THREAD | New REVISED SUNDAY NUMBER 134m FROM GURU ON PG 212 | 267.1M WW OW | Nine Lives 6.5 OW |No Spoilers Allowed!!! | ACCOUNT SALES THIS WEEKEND - see first post for details !!

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

The helmets in the trailer seem more reminiscent of WWI. I saw an explanation that the British had not updated their helmets until after, so perhaps that's why.

Glad to see you around lately E :)

Ah ok. Yeah the helmets. Thanks Mr. Pink glad to see you're still your Nolan loving self.

• Like 1

DC's first three movies are all gonna land in the same 290-330 range. With budget control none of those would have to be disappointments...

I started a Charles Foster Kane standing ovation for Nine Lives tonight. The rest of the theater joined. It was nuts, but not as nuts as the movie. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TMP said:

How many good films would DC need to turn the tide and become a trusted brand like Marvel or Pixar in terms of quality?

At this point, even a film considered half-decent would probably suffice. Which is a shame really.

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

First thread where I visited the forum. 

That's a real doozy of a first thread.

The NFL derailment was incredible. I might have peed a little.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

How many good films would DC need to turn the tide and become a trusted brand like Marvel or Pixar in terms of quality?

Eh, if WW turns out to be well-received, I think things could change for the brand as long as they keep the quality under control, although I have serious doubts about that.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

One

Seriously, they've already got a blind following, so their first good film would pretty much ensure their next three films after that turn a profit

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

~65 pretty much assures 140+ ow

Movies don't show a drop usually from true Fri.

Even if it shows a marginal drop, it can get close to 140.

20.5 + 44.5 + 43 + 32 = 140

I hope that is right but I would rather think less and be happy it is better.  TMobile tickets were today.  I want to see tomorrow before I relax into that sort of a number.  I'm figuring above 120M which would be very good, and anything better is gravy.

Just now, trifle said:

I hope that is right but I would rather think less and be happy it is better.  TMobile tickets were today.  I want to see tomorrow before I relax into that sort of a number.  I'm figuring above 120M which would be very good, and anything better is gravy.

today was also the opening ceremony so that may balance out 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Why were Britain and France so under-equipped at the start of the war?  Its like they didn't notice their next door neighbor was building a giant war machine and annexing border territories/countries throughout the 1930s.   Noobs. 

Don't know about France but Britain was desperately trying to work out a deal with Germany. I think they called it appeasement. Anyway, they didn't want to go to War. That was prior to Churchill taking over as prime minister.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

~65 pretty much assures 140+ ow

Movies don't show a drop usually from true Fri.

Even if it shows a marginal drop, it can get close to 140.

20.5 + 44.5 + 43 + 32 = 140

The Sat number will show how big if any of an impact T-Mobile vouchers were on Friday.