baumer

Wed#s SS 9.81 Guru....many soft drops for a Wednesday....Jesus Christ, that's a soft drop for Bourne, Sexy Legs for Moms, Pets -28% from last week and going for IO, FTSBF less than 10% drop....no sign of THE V

I'm eating breakfast at a cafe, and these two ladies next to me are talking about how hot Margot Robbie is. :rofl: One of them is specifically talking about how much she related to Harley in SS.

They also had a clown boyfriend with the words damaged tattooed on his forehead?

• Like 1

@Tele the Jet Baller That's no surprise Me and my wife have been looking for Harley Quinn and joker shirts for our pictures and the merchandise is flying off the shelves.

I have been to 3 Hot Topics ,2 Macy's,3 JC penny's and this one other place in the mall and all are sold out.

Hell even after TFA was released in was still able to find some shirts but it's not the same case for SS there's plenty of interest in these characters.

Even my wife's Grandmother wants to see the flim and she's 85 years old.

We are taking here Friday along with 2 of her friends and my mother- in -law.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 3

For anyone hoping for a $50M+ 2nd wknd, SS just dropped 32% on Wed, i.e. only a couple of percentage points less than BvS, CACW and Apocalypse, way worse than Deadpool and – most importantly – way worse than GotG (26%). The signs were there since Saturday.

2 hours ago, superweirdo87 said:

Trek and Bourne arguably would have done better with different release dates and less competition. Secret Life of Pets might have trimmed Dory's legs a bit. But, yes. No competition does not help much if people just do not want to see the movie.

Yeah, competition still plays a role. you know, I do think X-Men Apocalypse could have used more distance from Civil War/BVS. While I'm not 100% sure about the X-Men example, I'm pretty sure Bourne and Trek kinda dragged each other down and Pets killed Dory's 500m quest.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

It's a shame that Gibson pretty much destroyed his career with his behaviour. Most directors would dream about having a movie the quality of Braveheart or Apocalypto.

Despite his despised personal infractions, I'd still take that career/$$$ man. It's up there as one of the better ones in recent history.

2 minutes ago, Quigley said:

For anyone hoping for a $50M+ 2nd wknd, SS just dropped 32% on Wed, i.e. only a couple of percentage points less than BvS, CACW and Apocalypse, way worse than Deadpool and – most importantly – way worse than GotG (26%). The signs were there since Saturday.

Nope. Sorry. When you're ready to follow the box office properly, come back and analyse the whole thing. Not just the part that appease you

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brainiac5 said:

@BluRayHiDef

Was it Embrassing when gotg made more than cap2?

There's nothing Embrassing about your numbers going up with each release.

The DCEU movies will average 300 domestic with each release.

the name of the game is to make money.

Well, I just think that it'll be interesting if this movie about a group of unknowns makes more than one featuring the two most popular superheroes ever. However, I get your point.

21 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

No. Gibson's compulsively watchable. Always has been. It's mystery that it took folks so long to realize he was off his rocker.

I knew it when I watched Lethal Weapon. I said that dude is really crazy. He's not acting.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

@Tele the Jet Baller That's no surprise Me and my wife have been losing for Harley Quinn and joker shirts for our pictures and the merchandise is flying off the shelves.

I have been to 3 Hot Topics ,2 Macy's,3 JC penny's and this one other place in the mall and all are sold out.

Hell even after TFA was released in was still able to find some shirts but it's not the same case for SS there's plenty of interest in these characters.

Even my wife's Grandmother wants to see the flim and she's 85 years old.

We are taking here Friday along with 2 of her friends and my mother- in -law.

I also hear Heathens, Purple Lamborghini and Sucker For Pain quite often. This film might bring Warner Bros a lot of merchandise money.

• Like 1

@BluRayHiDef

YEAH,If SS out gross BVS nobody at WB would shed one tear.

I Personally would be happy so that can show WB they can focus on more than just the big 3.

I would never understand why they didn't make another JL'ER movie instead of this one but I'm surely glad they did.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

It's a shame that Gibson pretty much destroyed his career with his behaviour. Most directors would dream about having a movie the quality of Braveheart or Apocalypto.

Bravo.