Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

52 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

This is 1 billion percent correct.  This board provides more value than most of the trades put together.  I would trust about 50 of you to run predictions and feed me numbers over people actually getting paid to do it.  

Uh, guys... I think what nilephelan is saying is that s/he IS trusting to run predictions and feed her/him numbers. And we're doing it for nilephelan without getting paid. :ph34r:

so SS is going to make $13M+ today and SP is going to make $9.7M (+$3.3=$13M)? 

no way.  either SS is going lower or SP is making more.  SP is neck and neck with total tickets against SS in locations I am checking and it's going to have heavier late night attendance this evening.

BOM updated SS overseas grosses. SS has made 370 million so far.

So, if it makes 40 million this weekend, it'll be at 410 million worldwide. Add overseas grosses ( from Friday to Sunday ) and the movie might be close to 500 million worldwide. Not bad at all. 

• Like 1

Pretty amazing number for SP considering it's basically a first of its kind (though not officially since South Park was already the first R rated animated hit). However, am I the only one wondering if it could be kinda OD frontloaded? Don't really know why, except maybe its audience is too niche and a lot of them rushed out today to see it? At any rate, great number. Disappointing for PD, but the legs will be insane I think. Still think it clears 100.

Delightful SS tumble. Some men (like moi) just want to watch the (DCEU) world burn. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Apocalypse's  Sunday and w/e was inflated due to Memorial Day.  That fall is pretty par for the course. Even DOFP fell 64%.  

BVS on the other hand was hurt by Easter so it's drop the next w/e was harsher than it looks.  But it also had $27.8m in previews  vs  $20m for SS. 

BvS was helped by easter, the next weekend had a larger percentage drop because of it

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-squad-international-box-office-global-results-1201801860/

Going into the weekend, Warner Bros.’ Suicide Squad is sitting pretty at $191.5M internationally, having grossed a big $11.7M on Wednesday and another $11.4M on last night. Globally, the DC Comic fan favorite has cumed $370.6M on its way to over $400M after it rolls through this weekend.

• Like 1

Does it really matter that BvS had a "heightened" 2nd weekend drop because of Easter when it never bounced back and couldn't even double it's opening weekend? In fact, perhaps that 2nd weekend drop was not inflated and actually completely natural?

:sadben:

SS will have a similarly disastrous trajectory.

12 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Can't imagine Paramount was expecting huge numbers for FFJ, I wonder why they decided to go wide and not platform it like similar titles. 

Why not? There's almost nothing out there for older audiences.