Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

If Sausage Party is this hot for matinees, I'm expecting $35M+ for the OW. It's a hard R which means a lot of its audience will be flocking to it at night. 

it's going over $35M IMO.  tickets are selling early and last night the late shows were the sold out ones around me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

Reserved Seating Report

I will try to have one out at the top of every hour

Format will now look like this....

12:55 - Norm of the North - 200

12:55 - DeadPool - 30

1:00 - Revenant - 22

I just had the thought in my head of a sold out theater sitting there and enjoying Norm of the North.  Scary thoughts...

• Like 2

Looks like Sausage Party‘s festivities are cutting into Suicide Squad‘s business.  While that film will pull in just over $13M for Friday, industry estimates have it at a $44M. If that figure holds, that’s a 67% drop, which is 2% higher than Batman v. Superman‘s -69% sophomore weekend drop. I hear matinees on Suicide Squad are down 93% and that doesn’t for the $20.5M amount of business the DC villain film did on Thursday.

I get that -67 > -69, but they are making it sound as if it held worse than BVS.

• Like 3

Sausage Party is a real shot in the arm for Sony after Ghostbusters. All the other films they released this summer aside from GB were all under $100m and have been profitable. 

Mid budget films like SP, Central Intelligence etc have been successful this summer. I would say having a mix of tentpoles and lower budget films can be just as profitable then just a wall of tentpoles.

• Like 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/weekend-box-office-sausage-party-918979

THR

SAUSG $13 million Friday / $31 million or more

PDRGN $8 million Friday / $23 million 

FLORN $2 million on Friday / $6-7 million

SS: $41-48m (way to go out on a limb!)

I'm dead at THR's prediction for SS. Like what a prediction. They're so bold! 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Sausage Party is a real shot in the arm for Sony after Ghostbusters. All the other films they released this summer aside from GB were all under $100m and have been profitable. 

Mid budget films like SP, Central Intelligence etc have been successful this summer. I would say having a mix of tentpoles and lower budget films can be just as profitable then just a wall of tentpoles.

Agreed. Angry Birds, The Shallows and now Sausage Party have all been profitable for them. Honestly before the year started that's not what I would have thought. I thought these three films would have bombed for them. I didn't watch Angry Birds but The Shallows and Sausage Party were easily two of the better films I've watched this summer. And all under $100M. Shows you can make good films without throwing huge budgets at them. 

• Like 4

Am I the only one happy over ~45 SS weekend? :)

It had 20.5 in previews.

The summer weekdays are so good it made more money than BVS and CW Mon-Thu (45.4 SS vs vs 44.2 CW vs 43.1 BVS) after opening 32-47m less.

Even CW fell 59.5% with summer not even fully kicked in. BVS fell 69% w/o summer. APOC fell 65-66% with far smaller numbers.

A 66-67% fall for SS is just fine.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 6