Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

3 hours ago, Spectre said:

Half this forum could do better BO analysis than the people who get paid to do it for these sites.  I remember when the analysts used to be decent... this current batch is TERRIBLE.  I end up using my own projections half the time because theirs are garbage.

This is 1 billion percent correct.  This board provides more value than most of the trades put together.  I would trust about 50 of you to run predictions and feed me numbers over people actually getting paid to do it.  

• Like 20

12 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Am I the only one happy over ~45 SS weekend? :)

It had 20.5 in previews.

The summer weekdays are so good it made more money than BVS and CW Mon-Thu (45.4 SS vs vs 44.2 CW vs 43.1 BVS) after opening 32-47m less.

Even CW fell 59.5% with summer not even fully kicked in. BVS fell 69% w/o summer. APOC fell 65-66% with far smaller numbers.

A 66-67% fall for SS is just fine.

Wow, did Apocalypse really fall that big for its second weekend? I didn't know that. Crazy drop...

Now that SS already made in 5 days, more than Apocalypse made during its entire domestic run, I can easily say X-Men Apocalypse domestic performance  is dsappointing. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 2

Just now, Finnick said:

Some bad news for SP fans, TOO BAD. Deadline are lowering there estimates now to 25-30M/Weekend. Not cool at all!!!

Deadline have had a clear bias against Sausage Party for months. 

3 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

This is 1 billion percent correct.  This board provides more value than most of the trades put together.  I would trust about 50 of you to run predictions and feed me numbers over people actually getting paid to do it.  

It's called the Derby.

B)

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Wow, did Apocalypse really fall that big for its second weekend? I didn't know that. Crazy drop...

Now that SS already made in 5 days, more than Apocalypse made during its entire domestic run, I can easily say X-Men Apocalypse is dsappointing. 

Apocalypse's  Sunday and w/e was inflated due to Memorial Day.  That fall is pretty par for the course. Even DOFP fell 64%.  

BVS on the other hand was hurt by Easter so it's drop the next w/e was harsher than it looks.  But it also had $27.8m in previews  vs  $20m for SS. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

So where do I apply for a job at your company :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Now that SS already made in 5 days, more than Apocalypse made during its entire domestic run, I can easily say X-Men Apocalypse domestic performance  is dsappointing. 

And the budget is 3mil less than XAPOC too ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nova said:

So where do I apply for a job at your company :ph34r:

Apply at Deadline.  Just send them a print out of all your posts here :)

• Like 5

Just now, Baumer loves Dory said:

Apply at Deadline.  Just send them a print out of all your posts here :)

And no matter how outrageous and ridiculous my posts are they're still more accurate than the nonsense they spew out. I'll of course leave out the posts were I blatantly call Deadline out. Like this one for example.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Jordanstine said:

Their headline says 25-30 but the article still says 30-32.

LOL'z

These guys could care less about proof-reading their editorial -- they just want to rush it out quicker than other outlet.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Mad at Disney? What did they do?

Won't let movie theatre employees see their movies for free. Now it would be up to theatre management if they want to just usher you in (risky) or you have to pay.

Its just kinda a dick-move on their part.