Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

Per Deadline:

I hear matinees on Suicide Squad are down 93% and that doesn’t account for the $20.5M business the DC villain film did on Thursday.

Now, SS clearly had a pretty interesting first Friday (as seen by the tumble on Saturday), and I'm not sure how useful this is without comparing to other blockbusters. But still, this made me laugh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Per Deadline:

Now, SS clearly had a pretty interesting first Friday (as seen by the tumble on Saturday), and I'm not sure how useful this is without comparing to other blockbusters. But still, this made me laugh.

Often that total is a massive drop off from OD, but yeah it's funny. Repeat viewings must be really low.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lobogotti said:

so my contact at local theater said they were just instructed to make room for late shows of SP to keep with demand.  not sure how many it went out to within Regal, but we just added an 11:30 and midnight.

early evening selling out too quick.  

you know, this how jim cramer used to make money when he was a trader

he shorted millions in Gap because one of his employee's said his sister was upset because she was ordered by corporate to layoff people. The company did report a miss a couple of weeks later and tumbled.

we need to make money on this kind of intel.

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

@MrPink We haven't been waiting for football. We've been watching it all goddamn day. WHAT AN AWFUL SONG. Also sitting on an awesome John Williams theme you could be playing instead. 

HOW DARE YE

REMIXED JOAN JETT SONGS ARE MY JAM. Though admittedly, the Faith Hill version got the itch in my crotch going better.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Not September. It's literally never happened before.

Though with how people are hyping Sully, maybe that will break through.

I think Mag 7 may have a shot if it breaks the September record by a good $5-7m and is well received by audiences. 

Sully probably will do less than $100m total

20 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Mid August-mid November is still pretty dead overall, I assume you meant $200m. What is doing that this year?

Magnificent Seven and Doctor Strange might.

Edited by JennaJ

4 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

you know, this how jim cramer used to make money when he was a trader

he shorted millions in Gap because one of his employee's said his sister was upset because she was ordered by corporate to layoff people. The company did report a miss a couple of weeks later and tumbled.

we need to make money on this kind of intel.

except I'm not selling anything.  just showing the demand is greater than anticipated