Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Thread | Estimates SS 43.7m, SP 33.6m, PD 21.5, JCIJB 13.6m, BM 11.45m, SLOP 8.8m, STD 6.8m, FFJ 6.58m

If this does have a 65-70% drop this weekend, I have a hard time buying that it's normal and WOM isn't on the poor side.

Yes, movies have been more frontloaded this summer, but there really haven't been that many well-received movies this summer.  And even on the Star Trek and Ghostbusters side, reception wasn't anything stellar.

I think it's fair to say poor reception is a factor in that awful Friday number for SS.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Suggestions for Suicide Squad 2 Trailers :

The Beatles : Helter Skelter

Aerosmith : Walk this Way

Rolling Stones : Scorcese used them all.

Kiss : Detroit Rock City

ZZ Top : La Grange

Jay Z : 99 Problems

Metallica : Enter Sandman

Guns n Roses : Welcome to the Jungle 

Kanye West : all of the lights

Rebecca Black's Friday should suffice, since it will match the quality of the film it's promoting and the first Friday is the only day anyone will see it. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

They also always released on Wednesdays.  The only Transformers movie with good WoM was the first.

Even if you take the first 5 days as the weekend, Transformers 2 and 3 have better multiplier than BVS. That is m9re than enough to show Transformers movies have better WOM.

I feel the reason being Transformers movies are entertaining and have superb action unlike DCEU movies.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Rth should be The Riddler on the Batfleck movie

Thank you! I was wondering how that equaled 12. I didn't see that number anywhere on the box.

I loved Batman Forever growing up. No shame.

Edited by somebody85

30 minutes ago, picores said:

40m locked for SS with a 12m Friday. Not a record.

I wouldn't lock it. Even with GOTG holds for Sat/Sun barely gets 41M and Friday jump was substantially worse already. It wouldn't shock me with sub 40M.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jb007 said:

Even if you take the first 5 days as the weekend, Transformers 2 and 3 have better multiplier than BVS. That is m9re than enough to show Transformers movies have better WOM.

I feel the reason being Transformers movies are entertaining and have superb action unlike DCEU movies.

Oh, I wasn't trying to claim that Transformers was less liked than the DCEU.  I think they're hard to compare because Transformers is less fanboy centric and more layman friendly.

• Like 1