Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

18 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

2016 is the year of horror. That's an incredible number for Don't Breathe and I think it's going to have quite an impressive multiplier for a late August release. 

All the horror this year has done really well.

The Shallows

DB

Lights Out

Witch

Conjuring 2

I'm sure Blair Witch will knock it out of the park.  As a horror fan it's nice to see a resurgence!

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, picores said:

We can say 300m is completely locked for Suicide Squad...right?

Sexy legs for Bad Moms....will end with a 5x multiplier or so.

imo 305 is locked.

SS is looking at 295-296 by LD Monday even when giving it a 25% drop over the 4-day weekend  : 

282.6 after this weekend of 11.9 + 4 over Mon-Thu + 8.9 over 4-day = 295.5

That drop over 4-day is historically towards the higher end.

In 2015 0 movies in top-10 fell more than 24%, and in 2014 2 movies in top-10 fell more than 24% (links 2014  2015)

After LD I can't see how it could fail to add ~9.5 more in the entire run for 305. 310-315 seems more like it.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:55 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

Outstanding for DB - probably heading for low 20's OW.  Wasn't sure it could cross $20m with the R-rating and being in a trash dump weekend, but this is a well-reviewed film that has really been buzzing this week.

wow, RTH is the man.  I was coming to report that Saturday sales at my theater beat Thur/Fri combined!  was hoping for a $10M Saturday, but $.9.9M will do just fine.

horror films play around a 12x multiplier from Thursday preview (in 2016) and this one is going to be over 14x.  that shows you how crazy the WOM is for this film.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

I see the toxic word of mouth is really killing Suicide Squad!

yeah right? :)

i mean it's legs are not great for an original movie but they are good with those huge previews/od and far from what the reviews portend.

also it's numbers are great. It's certainly doing 2.30x. Has a shot at beating APOC's 2.36x multiplier.

DP 2.74x (original)

APOC 2.36x (sequel)

CW 2.28x (sequel)

BVS 1.99x (oriquel? sequginal? idk)

Edited by a2knet

Not a bad 1, 2 punch with BvS and SS.  Both will be profitable in the short and long run.  It could've been so much worse for WB and shows the hunger for DC as a whole.   Makes you wonder how much money was left on the table if both of these movies were critical hits.  

Edited by cubsfan
  • Like 4

HOLY SHIT!! @ Don't Breathe.

25M is locked.  Jesus Christ I think we all underestimated this one before a couple weeks ago.  I thought it'd have like a 10/30 run.  Fine for a horror flick but nothing spectacular.  It looks like it'll cross 30M within the week.  Wow.

49 minutes ago, cubsfan said:

Not a bad 1, 2 punch with BvS and SS.  Both will be profitable in the short and long run.  It could've been so much worse for WB and shows the hunger for DC as a whole.   Makes you wonder how much money was left on the table if both of these movies were critical hits.  

The problem is that sequels to those movies will likely decrease quite a bit. But so far WB should be happy with the box office results.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$26m should be locked for Don't Breathe and think it has a smaller than normal Sunday drop.  Should be near $50m after Labor Day week.  Could finish near $75m or so.  

I think around $65m. Blair Witch will destroy in it, released in its 4th weekend. 

Edited by Krissykins