Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

I think around $65m. Blair Witch will destroy in it, released in its 4th weekend. 

I think it will be pretty much over by then anyways.  

$27m this weekend, maybe $9m during next week and then $15m over the 4 day weekend?  That gives it $51m after 11 days.  Add in another $5m during the following week and then $8m on the weekend gets it to $63m on Sept. 11th.  Add in $2m or so during that week and $4m on the weekend has it nearly to $70m.

I think $70m is locked, could get to $75m on the second run.  

59 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

The problem is that sequels to those movies will likely decrease quite a bit. But so far WB should be happy with the box office results.

How can you be sure of that?

Let's imagine for a second that the sequel to both Batman versus Superman will be Batman and Catwoman versus Joker and Harley Quinn. You don't think the audience would eat that up?

13 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

I'm not a big horror guy. The Shallows is the only "horror" movie I've seen this year. 

But man I really want to see DB. It looks great. 

DB is really good.  It's not really horror at all, but it is tense which is what it should be :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a2knet said:

i mean it's legs are not great for an original movie but they are good with those huge previews/od and far from what the reviews portend.

The numbers are good overall. I think with analyzing legs with a movie like this is that, like with anything, we can't really put everything out there in the same box because variables are different from film to film. The DC films are going to continue to have a huge opening week then steep dropoff the next week every time because the characters in their portfolio have been much more exposed to the public for decades compared to any Marvel franchise that isn't Spider-Man, Fantastic Four or X-Men. The initial rush to see the movie the first couple of weeks is going to be huge because of the size and rabidness of the fanbase. This happened with Civil War, which had monstrous first weeks because everyone knew everyone on the movie then tapered off once the fanbase rush abated. Compare that to, for example Ant Man, which had a decent opening and really good legs because the demand for the movie was much more spread out instead of being focused on one end of the spectrum than the other because the character just wasn't really well known. It's really going to take until the 3rd/4th weeks and where we really see what reception is like for most DC films and then looking at the final tally to see how successful it really is.

1 hour ago, miketheavenger said:

The problem is that sequels to those movies will likely decrease quite a bit. But so far WB should be happy with the box office results.

I really don't know if it will. The numbers for all three DC movies are really consistent - ~+$120mil opening, ~+$300mil domestic ~$750mil worldwide. I've said it before, but that's a built in fanbase and one that will seemingly go to a movie because it's a "DC movie". Compare to the Marvel movies which have a lot of variance depending on if RDJ is in the movie or not. It's looking like those are pretty much the minimum numbers for any DC movie and I'm thinking those will likely be the baseline expectations for Wonder Woman and Justice League. I don't think continued poor critical reception will hurt them either, since the last two movies have had really wide scathing criticism but they're still pulling in really good numbers without a downtrend. I've said before that the current DC franchise and the Fast and Furious franchise seem to have a lot in common where they have a really solid core who will turn out for the movie because it's simply their thing. I actually think the worst thing for people who don't like the DC movies is to have Wonder Woman and Justice League be poorly reviewed as well. Because with the legs Suicide Squad is showing, it seems like things are turning and much like with the Fast and Furious films which were hammered for so long people are starting to think that critics just don't matter when it comes to this franchise. A critic-proof franchise that already does ~+$120mil opening, ~+$300mil domestic ~$750mil worldwide is really scary and, like with Fast 5/6/7, makes me wonder what an eventual breakout film in the franchise will do.

• Like 9

Don't Breathe should finish with 70M+, fantastic start.  75M is a possibility, and 80M has a small chance at happening.

Mechanic is going to have Statham legs.  Probably gonna have a 20M finish or so.

Hands of Stone is going to have weak legs with so many adult-oriented films coming out.  Probably a 3-4M finish.

Southside with You should have good legs.  Might be drowned out by other adult-oriented flicks, but I can see it having a solid run.

8 minutes ago, ThatOneMechanic said:

Don't Breathe should finish with 70M+, fantastic start.  75M is a possibility, and 80M has a small chance at happening.

Mechanic is going to have Statham legs.  Probably gonna have a 20M finish or so.

Hands of Stone is going to have weak legs with so many adult-oriented films coming out.  Probably a 3-4M finish.

Southside with You should have good legs.  Might be drowned out by other adult-oriented flicks, but I can see it having a solid run.

Explain this to me since it is going to get expanded to 2000 theaters this Wednesday. And it can't be cancelled, when they bought the rights it was in the deal the movie would be in 2000 theaters.