Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Actuals: Don't breathe 26.4M, Squad 12.25M, Kubo 7.85M., Sausage 7.5M, Mechanic 7.5M, Dragon 7.4M, War Dogs 7M

32 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I know. They should just do it for me and @Sam. Who cares if they lose 50-100m in the process.

It should cost 500M so Paramount can at least say it was the most expensive film of all time.  Then at least they'd walk out of it with a record broken!

16 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

If you've got an hour free, this is a pretty fantastic look (through a breakdown of T2) at how Cameron uses visual motifs to support classic mythological storytelling.

@Baumer loves Oogieloves @The Stingray @vc2002 @dashrendar44 @Jay Hollywood

(heck, I guess I could tag the whole forum)

Excluded from a James Cameron worship convo ?

I feel so empty inside.

:(:P

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

If you've got an hour free, this is a pretty fantastic look (through a breakdown of T2) at how Cameron uses visual motifs to support classic mythological storytelling.

@Baumer loves Oogieloves @The Stingray @vc2002 @dashrendar44 @Jay Hollywood

(heck, I guess I could tag the whole forum)

tumblr_nojlnmRYea1s28x70o1_500.gif

• Like 5

I think some of Bay's early work like The Rock delved in relationships and complexity. It's really the Transformers movies that got very surface level and never attempted to go beyond that.

But this is why Snyder shouldn't be compared to Bay.  Snyder's work attempts complex situations (those have opinions on whether he fails or succeeds and how) but mileage may vary.

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

We will suffer for others' Sins. But perhaps the relative failure of this film will be a call to action. It's what has to happen for better rewards in the future.

As Spock said, "The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few"

bbe4vOF.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think some of Bay's early work like The Rock delved in relationships and complexity. It's really the Transformers movies that got very surface level and never attempted to go beyond that.

Let's give a lot of credit to David Weinberg, Douglas Cook, and Mark Rosner for that.

15 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

Let's give a lot of credit to David Weinberg, Douglas Cook, and Mark Rosner for that.

Believe me I WISH we still had Summer blockbusters like The Rock.  We don't have action/adventure movies like that anymore. Action/comedies, yes.  But nothing like The Rock where it's 70% popcorn fun but 30%  intellectual (to an extent).

• Like 1