kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

6 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

well there was a club here saying it'd outgross The Fault in our Stars:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

So? There was a club saying Tomb Raider would pass 150M and it'll barely crawl to 60. Maybe.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • ...wtf 1

19 minutes ago, ban1o said:

what does LV stand for? 

I think he meant LS but who knows. 

The theater drop this week might keep Simon below $1M this weekend. Before this weekend, it was playing at 3 of the 4 closest theaters to me which I frequent and it was playing 4 times a day at each of those theaters. Now, it's down twice a day at one theater and four times at another. $42M seems like a ballpark for its final domestic gross, barring something odd like a boost from drive-in showings with Deadpool in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TombRaider said:

So? both TR and LV are domestic flops. And constantly bringing up TR is childish

Tomb Raider is still $40m away from its budget domestically. Love Simon has more than doubled its budget.

One of those is a flop and one is a hit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

24 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Tomb Raider is still $40m away from its budget domestically. Love Simon has more than doubled its budget.

One of those is a flop and one is a hit. 

budget talk is extremely overrated.

LS is not a flop, but it's not a hit, it's just there. A movie that's done ok and no one will remember or care for in 2019

1 hour ago, TombRaider said:

budget talk is extremely overrated.

LS is not a flop, but it's not a hit, it's just there. A movie that's done ok and no one will remember or care for in 2019

The "losers" that have watched it over a dozen times will. So will countless other that were touched or saw themselves of the subject matter.

You know what bombing would-be franchise no one will remember or care for in 2019?? I'd tell you but I don't wanna be called inmature by thin-skinned fanboys. ;)

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, TombRaider said:

LS is not a flop

Fixed it for you.

Edit: Don't know why this became such a long rant, people will see what they want, however many times they want to. There isn't anything productive in calling someone a "loser" because they enjoyed a film so much, so what is the point? (that was rhetorical because there isn't a point)

Edited by Mike Hunt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kraken said:

The "losers" that have watched it over a dozen times will. So will countless other that were touched or saw themselves of the subject matter.

You know what bombing would-be franchise no one will remember or care for in 2019?? I'd tell you but I don't wanna be called inmature by thin-skinned fanboys. ;)

275m gross on a 94m budget is not a bomb, lol. Try harder. We know you'll watch the sequel.

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

275m gross on a 94m budget is not a bomb, lol. Try harder. We know you'll watch the sequel.

We're talking domestic, where it's performance's been as pathetic as its plotting. And nah, I gave it a shot because of Vikander, but besides getting a good laugh from a ridiculously long set piece, the experience was the dullest two hours of this year for me. And I've had to go to a Requiem mass this year.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

46 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

Tomb Raider

$28M from Domestic Reveue (50%)

$19.6M from China (25%)

$51.8M from International (40%)

$99.4M Worldwide Revenue. $5.4M after production budget

Love, Simon

$19.3M Domestic (50%)

$2.6M International (40%)*

$21.9M Worldwide Revenue. $4.9M after production budget

Difference between these two films may be marketing budgets. Love, Simon likely cost a lot less to market due to online campaigns and less traditional (Billboards etc) types of marketing compared to Tomb Raider

*Love, Simon still has MANY markets left to open in

Edit: Not saying Tomb Raider is a bomb, just a huge disappointment.

Edited by Mike Hunt
  • ...wtf 1

41 minutes ago, Kraken said:

We're talking domestic, where it's performance's been as pathetic as its plotting. And nah, I gave it a shot because of Vikander, but besides getting a good laugh from a ridiculously long set piece, the experience was the dullest two hours of this year for me. And I've had to go to a Requiem mass this year.

Dont be a hater. No one is saying TR is a brilliant movie but it's a good pop corn movie and alicia was excellent. A 49% rating making is the best rated videogame movie ever and a 6,8 on imdb proves it, but if you wanna be childish go for it.

As I said, TR is not a dissapointment considering how hard its been lately for female action movies other than WW

3 36 Atomic Blonde Focus $51,687,870 3,326 $18,286,420 3,304 7/28/17
4 5 Wonder Woman WB $412,563,408 4,165 $103,251,471 4,165 6/2/17
5 46 Ghost in the Shell (2017) Par. $40,563,557 3,440 $18,676,033 3,440 3/31/17
6 54 Resident Evil: The Final Chapter SGem $26,830,068 3,104 $13,601,682 3,104 1/27/17
7 52 Underworld: Blood Wars SGem $30,353,973 3,070 $13,688,751 3,070 1/6/17

Edited by TombRaider
  • Like 2

Just saw this yesterday in theater, the movie took a bit too much of a while to become special but it reach such high high at is peak.

Anyway I get why it didn't took of like a little miss sunshine, I think it take too much time to reach is high (even too that make a movie that really earn is payoff and is extra cheese)

I imagine that in other era maybe this and Edge of Seventeen could have been nice theatrical hit, some mini Juno or a Little Miss Sunshine type.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

Dont be a hater. No one is saying TR is a brilliant movie but it's a good pop corn movie and alicia was excellent. A 49% rating making is the best rated videogame movie ever and a 6,8 on imdb proves it, but if you wanna be childish go for it.

As I said, TR is not a dissapointment considering how hard its been lately for female action movies other than WW

3 36 Atomic Blonde Focus $51,687,870 3,326 $18,286,420 3,304 7/28/17
4 5 Wonder Woman WB $412,563,408 4,165 $103,251,471 4,165 6/2/17
5 46 Ghost in the Shell (2017) Par. $40,563,557 3,440 $18,676,033 3,440 3/31/17
6 54 Resident Evil: The Final Chapter SGem $26,830,068 3,104 $13,601,682 3,104 1/27/17
7 52 Underworld: Blood Wars SGem $30,353,973 3,070 $13,688,751 3,070 1/6/17

I just gave my honest opinion. I do agree that Vikander was great, too bad everything around her let her down. But next time (IF a sequel is made), I'd rather rewatch Ex-Machina.

• Like 1