kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Simon had the best percentage increase of any of the wide releases yesterday. Hopefully it can produce another large increase today. It would be great if it can hit $3.5M today.

I think it will. Hoping for an over $8.5M weekend. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LonePirate said:

Kristen Bell is also buying out a theater in her hometown of Minneapolis. Greg Berlanti and his husband Robbie Rogers are buying out a theater in Kentucky and another one in Mississippi. Somebody else I had never heard of is buying out a showing in Boston. Good for them for helping out the people in their hometowns.

Granted, these buyouts won't have much impact on the box office; but they do prove how much people love this movie and how much they want others to see it. I wouldn't be surprised if more celebrities hop on this theater buyout bandwagon given how beloved the film is. Plus, for Hollywood stars, spending a few thousand bucks on a theater buyout is a pretty cheap way to express their gratitude and assist their communities. I wouldn't be surprised if Ellen, Jim Parsons, Neil Patrick Harris, anyone who has ever worked with Berlanti or any LGBTQ+ ally in Hollywood also buyout showings in the days to come. This film certainly has earned the adoration it is receiving.

ETA: NPH has bought out a showing in Albuquerque. I expect more celebs will follow suit.

Kirsten Bell is from Detroit. She sponsors  Love Your Mellon which is a company out of Minnesota. That is only connection I can find that he has to Minnesota

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Kirsten Bell is from Detroit. She sponsors  Love Your Mellon which is a company out of Minnesota. That is only connection I can find that he has to Minnesota

Thanks for the correction. Not sure why she didn't choose Detroit then but maybe she has a fondness for Minneapolis.

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Thanks for the correction. Not sure why she didn't choose Detroit then but maybe she has a fondness for Minneapolis.

I am surprised too. I am originally from Minnesota close to Minneapolis so I  am not sure why she did not choose Detroit. I do not know if her grandparents or if she cousins that lived in Minneapolis. There must be a reason why she chooses it. 

4 hours ago, LonePirate said:

Simon had the best percentage increase of any of the wide releases yesterday. Hopefully it can produce another large increase today. It would be great if it can hit $3.5M today.

I would not be floored if LS had a weak showing today. Its core / target audience is out there being amazing and political. Unless the plan is protest in the morning, movie at night. (Which, actually sounds like a fun day.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

I would not be floored if LS had a weak showing today. Its core / target audience is out there being amazing and political. Unless the plan is protest in the morning, movie at night. (Which, actually sounds like a fun day.)

Protests in my area happens early afternoon. Shouldn't affect the box office 

8 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

This film sure does have its passionate fans. Eleven times is reaching a level of repeat viewings unheard of since Titanic.

Pretty sure there was a user on here (maybe @JonathanLB?) who watched Force Awakens 40+ times or something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

It’s great the film is resonating with people.  I just don’t know how you find the time to see any film that many times

Ive seen black panther 10 times, but it has been out for six weeks. Not sure how you can see a film that many times with this only being its second weekend...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAR said:

It’s great the film is resonating with people.  I just don’t know how you find the time to see any film that many times

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

MoviePass

moviepass stops or let's you travel through time?  Wow, I may have to change my mind and get it now :P

just kidding around with you.  It's not an attack or anything :)  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 75Live said:

moviepass stops or let's you travel through time?  Wow, I may have to change my mind and get it now :P

just kidding around with you.  It's not an attack or anything :)  

Lol. I read that wrong. So. Correction:

MoviePass + Home 2 Miles from IMAX 12 Sceeen = frequent showings. 

• Like 1

God I really hope this doesn't lead to backlash. IMO it's a good film that doesn't need to be taken hyperbolically. Seeing a movie more than 4-5 times in theatres is pure insanity.

It's a pretty damn great movie, but still

6 hours ago, DAR said:

Yeah, I’d agree with that. I saw Your Name four times over a number of weeks and even I thought that was starting to get excessive. 

2 hours ago, LonePirate said:

Yeah, it's a bit of an understatement to say this movie is well-liked. Fans are downright protective of it.

I’m not certain if he’s being facetious or not.  But we have to still be able to like or dislike films on its  own merits as a film

• Like 1