kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

This is my favourite film of the year so far. 

Although if I’m counting Greatest Showman (it was released Boxing Day here but I didn’t see it til January) then that would be #1. 

I’m glad Love Simon has done well, but I wish it had gone bigger. 

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

it's NOT about the movie, it's going to the theatre 15 times and post it as if it was an achievement

I saw BP 10 times within the past 2 months am I a loser, too? :( lmao I have moviepass though

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

it's NOT about the movie, it's going to the theatre 15 times and post it as if it was an achievement

to be fair, there's a guy on these boards who as far as I know saw TFA 40-50 times in theatres

18 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

it was stupid. the girl remains a loser.

I am guessing you are too young to remember the media reports during Titanic’s initial run in 1997-1998 of people watching it dozens of times. There was one famous report of a woman who watched an early matinee showing every single day for months. If social media had existed back then, people would likely have been called amateurs if they had not seen it 50+ times.

Films like Titanic, Black Panther and Love, Simon which are able to connect to moviegoers on deeply personal levels generate intense passion and loyalty from their fans. Cinema is an extremely powerful medium in the proper circumstances. It can generate immeasurable good. Simon is merely the latest such example of a film to impact moviegoers so strongly. Perhaps once you finally watch it, you’ll understand why people are reacting so positively to Simon and his on screen struggles.

• Like 1

I'm seeing this for a third time this Monday (It came out last Friday here), may watch it another time after a couple more weeks. Definitely going to buy it on Blu-Ray and already have the soundtrack and book (Which is a really quick and awesome read).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

I am guessing you are too young to remember the media reports during Titanic’s initial run in 1997-1998 of people watching it dozens of times. There was one famous report of a woman who watched an early matinee showing every single day for months. If social media had existed back then, people would likely have been called amateurs if they had not seen it 50+ times.

Films like Titanic, Black Panther and Love, Simon which are able to connect to moviegoers on deeply personal levels generate intense passion and loyalty from their fans. Cinema is an extremely powerful medium in the proper circumstances. It can generate immeasurable good. Simon is merely the latest such example of a film to impact moviegoers so strongly. Perhaps once you finally watch it, you’ll understand why people are reacting so positively to Simon and his on screen struggles.

Are you comparing movies that did over 600m dom to this 37m flop? sure, jan!

and i'd understand if it was a gay boy feeling all those emotions but a straight girl, lol. and still, if you watch a movie 15 times in 3 weeks, paying. you probably...are a loser. connection or not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

and i'd understand if it was a gay boy feeling all those emotions but a straight girl, lol. and still, if you watch a movie 15 times in 3 weeks, paying. you probably...are a loser. connection or not

The impact a movie has on people is hardly measured by its box office. My sister saw TFIOS 6 times in theatres and she doesn't need have cancer

I saw Winter Soldier 5 times and I ain't fleeting from any governments. Different movies can have effects on people, it's just the way art works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TombRaider said:

Image result for why are you the way that you are gif