kayumanggi

LOVE, SIMON | 03.16.18 | Fox | trailer on page 1

2 minutes ago, Kraken said:

I just gave my honest opinion. I do agree that Vikander was great, too bad everything around her let her down. But next time (IF a sequel is made), I'd rather rewatch Ex-Machina.

The villain was the only weak part, he was scary movie levels villain

2 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The Tomb Raider thread is on page 4 of this sub-forum. Please feel free to resurrect it, provided anyone still wants to talk about that quickly forgotten film.

The fact that you went and searched for which page it was in .... let me guess, you watched love simon 20 times on theatres, right?

1 minute ago, TombRaider said:

The fact that you went and searched for which page it was in .... let me guess, you watched love simon 20 times on theatres, right?

I went searching for the Tully thread, which was also on page 4, at least until I posted in it. The TR thread was next to it.

Sounds like you are bitter that more people have paid to see Simon 10+ times than paid to see TR twice.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

Are we still talking about Tomb Raider? Going for the apples to oranges comparison!

50 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

The power of this film to reach out across generations is inspiring.

This is actually the cutest thing I have seen! I'm seeing it with my Mom soon who I've been out to for about 2 years now (since I was 15)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TombRaider said:

budget talk is extremely overrated.

LS is not a flop, but it's not a hit, it's just there. A movie that's done ok and no one will remember or care for in 2019

Tsk tsk

Love Simon will be remembered. Why do you have so much hate in that heart of your. Stop being a grinch 

One of my local AMCs that cut Simon down to twice a day showings, both shows in one of their Dine In theaters, is almost full for a showing that starts in 10 minutes.

mODFkKC.png

ETA: And here is how it looked once the showing started. Glad that one of my local theaters is pulling that PTA upward.

vbMuRK1.png

Edited by LonePirate

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Of all the random movie threads I thought there would be well-poisoning that would result in banning, this was definitely towards the bottom of the list.

I expected some well-poisoning but I didn't expect it to be because of Tomb Raider...

• Like 1

Love, Simon has just taken over the #1 spot in Reddit's aggregate movie ratings poll for all 2018 films. Its average score has been pretty steady since its US release, ticking up ever slightly since the Australian and UK releases. The movement from #2 to #1 is because Paddington 2 has been dropping like a rock during the past week after being ranked #1 for most of the year. You can view the rankings here https://youpoll.me/list/9/ and you can click the Poll link next to each film to submit your rating vote for that film. The poll links are also included at the top of every film's discussion thread as well.

Note: The Reddit rankings are weird to say the least. Annihilation has more total votes than Black Panther, for instance. 

I never would have expected Simon to top the list of Reddit users' favorite film of the year; but it is a nice surprise, nonetheless. Granted, there are still 8+ months to go so it may not stay there for long.

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

Love, Simon has just taken over the #1 spot in Reddit's aggregate movie ratings poll for all 2018 films. Its average score has been pretty steady since its US release, ticking up ever slightly since the Australian and UK releases. The movement from #2 to #1 is because Paddington 2 has been dropping like a rock during the past week after being ranked #1 for most of the year. You can view the rankings here https://youpoll.me/list/9/ and you can click the Poll link next to each film to submit your rating vote for that film. The poll links are also included at the top of every film's discussion thread as well.

Note: The Reddit rankings are weird to say the least. Annihilation has more total votes than Black Panther, for instance. 

I never would have expected Simon to top the list of Reddit users' favorite film of the year; but it is a nice surprise, nonetheless. Granted, there are still 8+ months to go so it may not stay there for long.

That's pretty low for Annihilation; I would've thought r/movies would be having a gigantic circlejerk over it.