MCKillswitch123

#UnpopularOpinions: Movies you think will overperform vs. movies you think will underperform given general expectations

- Emoji Movie I still think will do 120M+

- Dark Tower will be another Sorcerer's Apprentice

- IT will open higher than 70M

- Blade Runner will do shit numbers overseas, so even if it does okay domestically (160M) it won't be a hit

I dunno about you guys, but I think Slender Man could be a small hit. I can feasibly see a run similar to the original Silent Hill, w/around mid to high teens OW's and DOM total in the high 30's/low 40's. It has no horror competition and Slender Man is an icon of internet horror/creepypasta.

• Like 1

I already admitted and made a club about how I think Jumanji will underperform for many reasons (family competition, PG-13 rating, unpopular brand, mediocre views and lack of awareness for its second trailer), and while none of these are as bold as that, these are just a few of the things I'm going bold on next year:

-The 15:17 to Paris hasn't gotten a lot of $100M predictions yet, but I feel it has an easy shot to cross the mark domestically. While Act of Valor beat the movie to the punch in terms of casting actual soldiers to play soldiers, this has a true-story angle, so having the actors reeenact the events is something that can be easily marketable to the more patriotic Americans. Add on Clint Eastwood fresh off of two hits and an adult counterprogrammer for February, and I think the film will be another solid hit in Eastwood's repertoire.

-The Incredibles 2 is something people are being way too high on. For comparison's sake, Finding Nemo was a cultural phenomenon that had unbelievable legs and was one of the biggest-selling DVDs of all time, making it one of those movies every kid has seen. Incredibles isn't up to that level, in spite of the insane Internet hype for the film. It'll still do very well, and I wouldn't be shocked if it hit $400M like many people here believe, but I feel Inside Out numbers are more likely for the film, which isn't bad in the slightest.

While I don't think it has a chance to reach the heights of the second SpongeBob movie, I think Teen Titans Go! To The Movies is going over $100 million for sure, possibly more. Even though the show is considered by the majority of people to be bad, it's undeniable how popular it is with kids. Hell, they even started reruns of the OG Teen Titans show on CN so kids are definitely aware of it and parents probably are too. I guess we'll have to see if the marketing is received well.

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

While I don't think it has a chance to reach the heights of the second SpongeBob movie, I think Teen Titans Go! To The Movies is going over $100 million for sure, possibly more. Even though the show is considered by the majority of people to be bad, it's undeniable how popular it is with kids. Hell, they even started reruns of the OG Teen Titans show on CN so kids are definitely aware of it and parents probably are too. I guess we'll have to see if the marketing is received well.

If they bring back the old Titans I think more appeal will happen. I think AB numbers $38M/$110M

On 4/22/2017 at 6:01 PM, YourMother said:

Dark Tower over $150M domestic.

On 7/9/2017 at 4:14 PM, YourMother said:

I also think Coco is underperforming too. The Star I can see doing $150M+. I feel Jumanji might draw more families than Ferdinand.

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Someone had to remind me of this.

If any reminds me of my screw ups it’ll be me.

On 09/07/2017 at 10:14 PM, YourMother said:

I also think Coco is underperforming too. The Star I can see doing $150M+. I feel Jumanji might draw more families than Ferdinand.

Well, The Star doing $150m isn't happening  :lol: but your Jumanji prediction will likely come true. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:10 PM, CoolEric258 said:

I already admitted and made a club about how I think Jumanji will underperform for many reasons (family competition, PG-13 rating, unpopular brand, mediocre views and lack of awareness for its second trailer), and while none of these are as bold as that, these are just a few of the things I'm going bold on next year:

-The 15:17 to Paris hasn't gotten a lot of $100M predictions yet, but I feel it has an easy shot to cross the mark domestically. While Act of Valor beat the movie to the punch in terms of casting actual soldiers to play soldiers, this has a true-story angle, so having the actors reeenact the events is something that can be easily marketable to the more patriotic Americans. Add on Clint Eastwood fresh off of two hits and an adult counterprogrammer for February, and I think the film will be another solid hit in Eastwood's repertoire.

-The Incredibles 2 is something people are being way too high on. For comparison's sake, Finding Nemo was a cultural phenomenon that had unbelievable legs and was one of the biggest-selling DVDs of all time, making it one of those movies every kid has seen. Incredibles isn't up to that level, in spite of the insane Internet hype for the film. It'll still do very well, and I wouldn't be shocked if it hit $400M like many people here believe, but I feel Inside Out numbers are more likely for the film, which isn't bad in the slightest.

Tags:

• Haha 3