kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

20 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

It's always weird how not huge those Fox X-Men titles were at the box office given the clear cultural impact especially with Jackman's wolverine (as this marketing campaign shows).

Its still in the top 10 highest grosssing movie franchise ...not adjusted for inflation 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

It's always weird how not huge those Fox X-Men titles were at the box office given the clear cultural impact especially with Jackman's wolverine (as this marketing campaign shows).

Outside of DOFP & Logan, I feel like they didn’t have much real staying power as movies ngl

Feel more or less the same when I did the first trailer. Looks aight and the trailer is a bit better than the teaser and somewhat alleviates my concerns on it on emotional conflict and if Logan is a variant. The action looks solid and it seems Deadpool and Wolverine do a good job bouncing off each other but the cinematography looks very grey and muted which is a bit disappointing considering all the hype of it being shot on film. Still can’t shake the feeling of this just being done for the sake of having Jackman and Reynolds interact but at least it’ll be a fun watch but I’m not really excited about it. Fans should be over the moon though, but I’m still thinking around 145m opening with 380m domestic and around 800-900m WW. Doesn't really fell like a $1B grosser unless it hits every mark (strong reviews, great audience reception, etc) which I’m still uncertain it can do.

• Like 1

I mean the "is Wolverine a variant" thing is kind of moot because even in the actual X-Men films alone there are three what'd now be considered variants of Wolverine. All three of the actual Wolverine movies technically aren't in continuity with each other.