kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

Hmm. I'm conflicted.

The trailer was well edited enough, and hyped me up, but I'm not quite convinced by the action glimpses we've seen. Might be down to not having a final polish, but it sort of seems...cheap?

And yes, the multiverse stuff is definitely blah at this point, yet I feel like Deadpool is one property that could make it work. 

I have huge doubts about the quality, but I still think it does 130+ OW domestic. It could very well collapse after that and not hit 300...

I am curious how the Olympics will affect its opening weekend in Europe.

Im optimistic about the quality cause i see many things like Gotg3 

And Yeah sometimes the multi stuff was meh but with Deadpool the potential is incredible

• Like 1

I think people are massively lowballing here. The gross of DP1 + DP2 = 1.6b, solo wolverine films = 1.4b, jackman x-men ensemble films = 2b

… so not even accounting for inflation this movie could be looking at 5 billion

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

I think people are massively lowballing here. The gross of DP1 + DP2 = 1.6b, solo wolverine films = 1.4b, jackman x-men ensemble films = 2b

… so not even accounting for inflation this movie could be looking at 5 billion

I thought it was summer 2022 and I was in the Avatar 2 thread for a second there.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

So what do you think? Will Deadpool & Wolverine be THE R-rated film to top The Passion of the Christ’s $370M DOM-record or will that film still keep it’s record for longer?

Pasion will keep the record til the resurrection. 

Yeah the major complaint I'm seeing is those multiverse portals. Yeah even the GA really doesn't dig  multiverse . Know the whole concept is crutch susceptible to lazy writing and killing stakes but MCU really fucked it up the whole concept pretty bad .

The whole thing got nonsensical from NWH but it's use was limited .

It's mechanics in Loki season 1 were just nonsensical. That dumb infinity stones in drawer scene. TVA saying they see all things ,have all that power and outsmarted by one Loki variant at every turn  . There whole existence makes Thanos and infinity stones  feel like nothing 

Loki season 2 was amazing due to characters,visual and production design and music. Really cut down on the whole TVA timeline bullshit

DS2 and the whole book of vishanti macguffin that's a magical book that solves everything was embarrassing and so lazy .  Makes infinity stones look like nothing.

Quantumania was just CGI monstrosity. Just gives the quantum realm,quantum poeple, ants  becoming type 2 civilization in no time. The whole universe just starts to loose any sense of stakes or emotion.

Complete clownery that is Kang .

With the chatter I'm seeing . Excitement is due to Reynolds /Hugh Jackman team up and it being a Deadpool movie/fox X-Men related  Than it being related to the  MCU . 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Yeah the major complaint I'm seeing is those multiverse portals. Yeah even the GA really doesn't dig  multiverse . Know the whole concept is crutch susceptible to lazy writing and killing stakes but MCU really fucked it up the whole concept pretty bad .

I don't think "it references Doctor Strange, therefore I will boycott it" is a real thing

52 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

The whole thing got nonsensical from NWH but it's use was limited .

It's mechanics in Loki season 1 were just nonsensical. That dumb infinity stones in drawer scene. TVA saying they see all things ,have all that power and outsmarted by one Loki variant at every turn  . There whole existence makes Thanos and infinity stones  feel like nothing 

Loki season 2 was amazing due to characters,visual and production design and music. Really cut down on the whole TVA timeline bullshit

DS2 and the whole book of vishanti macguffin that's a magical book that solves everything was embarrassing and so lazy .  Makes infinity stones look like nothing.

Quantumania was just CGI monstrosity. Just gives the quantum realm,quantum poeple, ants  becoming type 2 civilization in no time. The whole universe just starts to loose any sense of stakes or emotion.

Complete clownery that is Kang .

With the chatter I'm seeing . Excitement is due to Reynolds /Hugh Jackman team up and it being a Deadpool movie/fox X-Men related  Than it being related to the  MCU . 

Th

Yes.  The multiverse stuff is not the draw here esp for the GA. I think Disney and Marvel know this.  And Deadpool by it's nature is there to comment and poke fun and say the stuff the audience  is thinking.  They can have their cake and eat it too. 

Don't get what ya'll mean by "audience doesn't dig the multiverse" when the multiverse has always just been an excuse for these team-ups between multiple variations of the same characters. Which ppl are excited for here, so...

Loki S2 tried to get pretentiously cerebral about it tho. It works better when you just throw popular characters from different universes together like in NWH and the Spider-Verse films

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Yes.  The multiverse stuff is not the draw here esp for the GA. I think Disney and Marvel know this.  And Deadpool by it's nature is there to comment and poke fun and say the stuff the audience  is thinking.  They can have their cake and eat it too. 

...the multiverse stuff is literally the reason for the two titular characters meeting. I don't think they mind.

I dunno about anyone else but I’m pretty much over what they’ve done with the MCU and I’m just ready for a reboot and/or the X-Men to debut. I keep saying this but I really do think we are going to see some epic flops next year.

NWH literally had previous iterations coming together.

DS2 had mixed reception and literally fell off after OW.

Once again are we doing because a movie making money automatically makes it good.  We have transformers sequels,rise of Skywalker, Jurassic world dominion all made money.

Maybe to remove confusion  Don't think GA likes MCU multiverse storytelling.

And it's not just internet ,talked and interacted  with friends who just don't care about multiverse stuff or don't understand where the whole saga  is going .

Sure is it the mechanic bring Deadpool and wolverine together.yeah  But what does audience actually care for?

Deadpool and Hugh Jackman  wolverine ofcorse.

and not what's the MCU bringing next .

BNW still feels like a fucking bomb written all over it. 

Edited by Liiviig 1998

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

It’s too early to have a good frame of reference for how moviegoers view the multiverse gimmick. It’s worked out great for Spider-Man, not so great for DC and DS2 was seen as a mixed bag. 

Box office wise it didn't hurt Strange at all.

Like guys I think were just well past the idea of the multiverse hurting the movie two extremely well received trailers in

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Box office wise it didn't hurt Strange at all.

Like guys I think were just well past the idea of the multiverse hurting the movie two extremely well received trailers in

It hurt its legs. 

19 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

NWH literally had previous iterations coming together.

That doesn't guarantee A+ CinemaScore and $1.9 billion without China, ever heard of The Flash?

DS2 had mixed reception and literally fell off after OW.

It still made a lot money and multiverse was a big reason for it.

Once again are we doing because a movie making money automatically makes it good.

Literally your argument was that "the GA really doesn't dig multiverse", which is objectively wrong. Why are you shifting the goal post to something that's subjective and you're in the minority in? Every MCU multiverse project (NWH, Loki, What If...?) is critically acclaimed with the exception of DS2 which is still fairly decent received by critics and mixed by audience.

"DS2 had bad legs" isn't evidence that audiences aren't interested in the multiverse bruh what is this lmao. That just means the movie itself had mixed reception. To test pure hype/interest you gotta look at the OW, a massive 187M and even with all that bad legs it still did 955M WITHOUT China. 90M opening day, literally in the top 10 opening days of all time. 

The Marvel multiverse brought a B-list character to an Avengers level OW, nearly 200M. With good reception DS2 would've been in range of TLJ OW. And this is fucking DOCTOR STRANGE 2 we're talking about, the sequel to a mere 200M domestic total film. And yet it was THAT massive.

It always damn annoys me when a movie had a big OW and then bad legs and then people are like "it's having bad legs that means people are not interested in the movie" like no that's not how it works lmao.

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1