kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

I’m still going with more than a 140 million opening weekend for this. This has a very good chance to pass the domestic run of passion of the Christ to be the highest grossing R rated film in America. 

Multiverse shit just robs so much emotion from past films (like Wolverine's death in Logan). So over it.

But this looks like stupid fun, so I'll be there.

• Like 3

Does @Legion Again have an updated prediction after this trailer? 

Also I swear that's been your username for like so. . .so long. Usually you change your username to make it themed as whatever recent film is out, like when Frozen 2 was out your name was "Arendelle Legion" and when DS2 was out your name was "DS2HaterLegionConfirmed"

43 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Does @Legion Again have an updated prediction after this trailer? 

Also I swear that's been your username for like so. . .so long. Usually you change your username to make it themed as whatever recent film is out, like when Frozen 2 was out your name was "Arendelle Legion" and when DS2 was out your name was "DS2HaterLegionConfirmed"

But now with TTPD it only makes sense I’m Legion again

I’ll change it if there’s something worth changing too.  

No updated prediction from the trailer

Not seeing $1 billion from this, but my track record this year has been horrible.

I can see this going north of $800 million WW. The novelty for me here is seeing Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman reuniting to play their best-known characters. I don't care about the multiverse gimmick, as it's overstayed its welcome. That being said, I'm seeing this in a theater.

2 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah there's no way the OW is only 1.9x the OD

You disagreeing with Legion???

star wars 80s GIF

3 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Ok now this is pushing it a little. You're basically saying >235 weekend is more likely than <110

I think it's marginally more likely although wouldn't say either is very likely. Expecting OW in the 180s. 

Edited by Menor the Destroyer
  • Haha 1

Hmm. I'm conflicted.

The trailer was well edited enough, and hyped me up, but I'm not quite convinced by the action glimpses we've seen. Might be down to not having a final polish, but it sort of seems...cheap?

And yes, the multiverse stuff is definitely blah at this point, yet I feel like Deadpool is one property that could make it work. 

I have huge doubts about the quality, but I still think it does 130+ OW domestic. It could very well collapse after that and not hit 300...

I am curious how the Olympics will affect its opening weekend in Europe.

11 hours ago, Justin said:

I’m still going with more than a 140 million opening weekend for this. This has a very good chance to pass the domestic run of passion of the Christ to be the highest grossing R rated film in America. 

Also, keep in mind that “The Passion of the Christ” grossed $370M+ DOM and in terms of R-rated movies, it’s still the biggest film in the US with that rating in twenty years as of now. The one R-rated movie that came closest to Passion’s DOM record was….funny enough, the first Deadpool with it’s $363M DOM gross with a $132M OW.