kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I've checked and it's literally only mine ughhhh. Maybe there was an error?

If it matters, I checked Regal Atlantic Station (busiest theater in Georgia) and they don't have Thursday shows at all for Deadpool and Wolverine. They do have Friday shows, IMAX included though.

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

If it matters, I checked Regal Atlantic Station (busiest theater in Georgia) and they don't have Thursday shows at all for Deadpool and Wolverine. They do have Friday shows, IMAX included though.

I checked, none that I can see even into the second weekend.

Idk whats going on at my theater but there is only 1 Thursday showing for 3pm Dolby and it's 90% full with just some disability seats empty. Ummm will more shows be added? I've never seen this for a Marvel film.

2 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

There are a lot of traditional 3D showings and a fair amount of prime time IMAX showings are also 3D. Wonder if that’ll be played up in marketing.

Yeah at the theaters I track 3D PLF is either getting a primetime show and another show (like 1/3 or 1/4 if the theater has 3 PLFs) or in North Shore getting most of primetime in 3D PLF.

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Pushing 3D is a weird angle since I don't think it was filmed in 3D (Marvel tried that before once and everyone involved hated it).

My local chain always do this with superhero films, unfortunately. 

They put all the evening showings in 3D so that people need to pay more. But for this one its on steroids: it’s not just the evening primetime shows. 

Maybe they are probing the earliest buyers. There are still 2 months for sales. Later down the road IMAX 2D, Standard 2D, etc will be added, but right now "The fear of missing out" is in play. Sadly, my local chain will probably only show it in 3D and no 2D version at all. They [Disney] gotta recoup some of the -237M losses from last entry

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I'm sure if the demand is there they'll add more showtimes. But yeah they're definitely trying to milk the fanboys for all they've got at the outset.

I'm fine with paying more for 3D if it were IMAX 3d and not just regular 

Edited by SpiderByte

Posted (edited)

3D push in the two big AMCs in SF and Oakland, which I have never seen before except for Avatar 2. There’s like a million reald 3d showings. Dolby is completely 2d tho

Edited by lorddemaxus

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

3D push in the two big AMCs in SF and Oakland, which I have never seen before except for Avatar 2. There’s like a million reald 3d showings. Dolby is completely 2d tho

So there are still some 2D screenings while 3D have a major proportion for D&W?