kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And the populairty of Wolvie as a charecter.

This will stand or fall on it's own merits.

Popularity of Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine to be more specific. Don’t think a new actor as Wolverine alongside Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool would hold the same level of appeal.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

People are hyped for this movie because it's a Deadpool and Wolverine movie. People aren't hyped/excited because it's a MCU movie.

I hope some people get that. This movie is gonna be its own thing, just like GOTG 3. Previous MCU movies won't damage this one, or at least, not that much.

It's the first time Deadpool and Wolverine share the screen together. This could have been a Fox movie and obviously the hype would still be insanely high. Being a MCU movie is just a secondary factor.

Say it louder for the people in the back.

Edited by Jay Beezy

5 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Popularity of Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine to be more specific. Don’t think a new actor as Wolverine alongside Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool would hold the same level of appeal.

Yep. And Reynolds has made clear that when Jackman initially wasn't coming back, Wolverine was not in the movie at all. All the versions with Wolverine were written to be with Jackman.

Posted (edited)

Technically it's not the first time they've been together, but no one wants to remember the other one

I'm sure they'll make some kind of joke about that here though

Edited by AniNate

Posted (edited)

If Deadpool 3 opens above $162M, then the MCU will own the top 4 opening weekends post pandemic. Amazing achievement that one franchise can have all of the big opening weekends. And if it opens above $177M then 4/5 top-post Endgame opening weekends will all be MCU movies.  I mean when DP3 comes out 7 out of the last 8 MCU movies would have opened to $100M+. That is an insanely impressive achievement, and that simply shows the power of the MCU. Awesome numbers for such a "dEaD frAnChisE." I mean, Marvel brought a panned movie about a D-list character to a $100M+ opening weekend, a feat that we haven't seen since Barbie for crying out loud. What can they not do at this point lmao.

Edited by HummingLemon496

This movie is about Deadpool and Wolverine. That is the main attraction and why it’s going to be big. But it being set in the MCU is also adding to the hype. This is something that has been talked about for a long time. Had this just been another “Fox” movie that hype would be lower but still big. It’s just like MoM or NWH. Many different factors that makes the movie stand out that combines to a big hype train.

59 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Technically it's not the first time they've been together, but no one wants to remember the other one

I'm sure they'll make some kind of joke about that here though

They already made a bunch of jokes about it in the first two movies, especially that one mid-credits scene in the second. What more is there to say? 

1 hour ago, thajdikt said:

This movie is about Deadpool and Wolverine. That is the main attraction and why it’s going to be big. But it being set in the MCU is also adding to the hype. This is something that has been talked about for a long time. Had this just been another “Fox” movie that hype would be lower but still big. It’s just like MoM or NWH. Many different factors that makes the movie stand out that combines to a big hype train.

No, if this was a completely standalone Fox affair, I bet it'd be even bigger than it's already set to be. I'd argue the MCU connection is actually baggage that's bringing the movie down a little. That brand leaves a bitter taste in people's mouths these days, and unless those reshoots and rewrites respectively do wonders, we'll likely see that in full force with Captain America 4 and Thunderbolts next year.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Everyone, @BadOlCatSylvester was completely correct when he said this movie would blow up. Back in January he was correct even though I was being pessimistic, further cementing his status as one of the most accurate users on this entire forum. 

And we need to praise @TheFlatLannister who was also one of the people who predicted this movie to blow up. As well as @XXR vs XXR who made the "above Lion King OW" club (might actually happen) and also @Legion Again who said it would do Captain America: Civil War numbers, and also @SpiderByte who made the "highest grossing R rated movie of all time" club

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

15 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

No, if this was a completely standalone Fox affair, I bet it'd be even bigger than it's already set to be. I'd argue the MCU connection is actually baggage that's bringing the movie down a little. That brand leaves a bitter taste in people's mouths these days, and unless those reshoots and rewrites respectively do wonders, we'll likely see that in full force with Captain America 4 and Thunderbolts next year.

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 2

QR code in the latest promo gave a rather interesting unlisted YT link:

Ryan Reynolds Says ‘Deadpool & Wolverine’ Skips Post-Credits Scene, Mocks the ‘Mandated’ Marvel Practice as ‘Just a Commercial for Another Movie’ | Video

Jacob Bryant
·2 min read

Ryan Reynolds is making sure people know what to expect when they sit down for “Deadpool & Wolverine” come July.

A hidden QR code that briefly appears between Wolverine’s legs in a teaser released Monday led eagle-eyed viewers to a “disclaimer” read by Reynolds. He quickly gave a rundown on what to be prepared for with the upcoming sequel.

“We’re very excited to be joining you July 26. Many of you are very excited. But we should set the table correctly. This film is as paper thin as a sequel to Battlefield Earth. We’re mostly going to beat each other senseless, make enemies with Disney, tell a few dick jokes, make a few jokes at my expense, make a lot of jokes at Hugh’s expense, and completely sidestep Marvel’s mandated after-credits sequence, which if you haven’t figured it out yet, is always just a commercial for another movie which will invariably end with a commercial for another movie. So sit back, relax, let us lower your IQ and raise your heart rate while we travel to a vapid Dreamland, a place where grown men and grown women walk around in tights, and act like it’s not a giant cultural cry for help. This is CINEMA.”

It remains to be seen whether Reynolds’s claim of a lack of post-credits is true or just another bit of fourth wall breaking fun that Deadpool is known for.

More at the link.

Posted (edited)

We seem to having some religious debate here, the BadOlCatSylvester mindset of "MCU is a hinderance" and the thajdikt mindset of "MCU is an advantage." Personally I would agree with BadOlCatSylvester, but to each their own. 

26 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

We seem to having some religious debate here, the BadOlCatSylvester mindset of "MCU is a hinderance" and the thajdikt mindset of "MCU is an advantage." Personally I would agree with BadOlCatSylvester, but to each their own. 

The Thirty Years war (1618-1648)

Anyway, different eras, not apples to apples, various differences blah blah blah — but fwiw DP1 opened to the 28th biggest adjusted opening weekend at the time. Similar here would be ~197M.

DP2 opened to ~52nd rank on adjusted OW, nowadays ~165M. 

I'm Neutral 

It's neither a hindrance or much of an advantage either.

Poeple just want this movie . There is hype for this. Selling point is Deadpool vs wolverine  fucking around in the multiverse.  

Marvels,QM, secret invasion and long list of current marvel woes never really dented the excitement for this movie. That should tell you all you need  to know .

2025 slate will simply not have that leeway. Those movies will have to survive based on their reception and marketing.

But also not discounting if current MCU was good it would have given a more of advantage.

• Like 1

i'm only interested in dp3 cause of Ryan and Hugh, don't care for mcu connections , i think the dp concept is played out , they played their last card right cause there was no other reason to make dp3 outside milking franchise dry