kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

13 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wasn't super hyped but was expecting something better received by the initial wave. Most critics here seem completely spent are super super meta super duper multiverse content.

I personally already thought the wink-wink meta approach was getting old with DP2, and if critics are getting sick of that as well, then I can’t say I’m entirely surprised. 

As for the multiverse approach, if critics are getting sick of that too, then I’m not sure that bodes well for Secret Wars. Marvel may have played their hand too early with NWH. 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Wasn't super hyped but was expecting something better received by the initial wave. Most critics here seem completely spent are super super meta super duper multiverse content.

yes, definitely a straw that broke the camel’s back vibe on this so far.

which isn’t to say that broken back isn’t justified: superhero multiverses haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory post Endgame 

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Ugh and now we're gonna get another full year of "is Marvel dead" articles till next February where the whole thing starts over again.

That'll be on Marvel themselves for hastily pushing this into filming in the midst of a writers' strike, instead of delaying it and giving it the time and care it needed. That initial shift up to May was a big red flag, and it's looking like that'll cost them. Captain America 4 is so fucked now, because it desperately needed the momentum of a well-received Deadpool 3.

For all the confidence they showed in Deadpool, to the point of showing off the first 40 minutes of the movie all over the world, and relying almost entirely on it for the year, it's looking like their third Rotten movie. And I don't know if I should be amused or just sad.

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Ugh and now we're gonna get another full year of "is Marvel dead" articles till next February where the whole thing starts over again.

Nah this will make money.

2025 will basically be that discourse .

2026 should be a strong slate so should still create some anticipation.

Wednesday it's releasing in some territories ,we should be able to gauge audience reception.  But expect it to be A level maybe A- at worst.

1 hour ago, Unfitclock said:

The reactions are on par or better than guardians of the galaxy 3 so I’m not sure why everyone freaking out it will probably be in the 80s on rotten tomatoes just like the first two movies 

GOTG3 absolutely did not have this level of backlash from some of the critics out there.

The comparisons I've seen to Super Mario Brothers seems on point.  And a plausible path for folks who want to see this do very well at the box office, I might add.

But let's call a spade a spade, these are borderline rotten RT reactions with more mainstream press dragging down the RT score.

• Like 4

Might as well be the poster that says it.

Curse of Lucasfilm strikes again?!?

(relax folks, poking fun at myself more than anything else)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A bunch of people that have already made up their mind about the movie are using social media reactions to justify their stance either negative or positive, and arguing with the other side in an infinite loop until reviews are out. There's nothing to be gained here lmao 

23 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Looks like this might end up in the 70's.

But I still think fanboys and casuals will be in hog heaven

Id be happy with 70s but damn the vibes from the big trade reviewers are like Flash level pans

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MightyDargon said:

Or you could just ignore the "press critics" like 95 percent of the audiences apparently do.

I think the concern is that MCU general reception has mostly gone with critical.

Movies like Thor are having 60% RT and MoM has 70% and both got Cinemascore in Bs

MCU so far has not behaved like other franchises where even Rotten score doesn't stop movies from getting Cinemascores in As

Like another team up of two cinema icons this year is sitting at 54% in RT but got A-hm Cinemascore bordering on A.

Leave that, even Jurassic World Dominion which is sitting on 29% RT got A-

Disney's own Alladin is Rotten and got pretty much one of the best WOMs in 2019 with excellent legs. 

1 hour ago, YM! said:

Again feels like a Mario. The fans/GA really don’t need a good movie, they just need the beats to hit to be satisfied. Once they put in Levy, that’s were expectations more or less should be as his best reviewed movie is Free Guy.

Real Steel deserved better 

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I think the concern is that MCU general reception has mostly gone with critical.

Movies like Thor are having 60% RT and MoM has 70% and both got Cinemascore in Bs

MCU so far has not behaved like other franchises where even Rotten score doesn't stop movies from getting Cinemascores in As

Like another team up of two cinema icons this year is sitting at 54% in RT but got A-hm Cinemascore bordering on A.

Leave that, even Jurassic World Dominion which is sitting on 29% RT got A-

Disney's own Alladin is Rotten and got pretty much one of the best WOMs in 2019 with excellent legs. 

I see we're still going with the "Cinemascore actually means something" even after Apes shot that theory full of holes, but whatever.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Id be happy with 70s but damn the vibes from the big trade reviewers are like Flash level pans

Don't know where it's gonna land, but the RT Score Watch itself is gonna be wild if there truly is a large split between critics as it has the potential to be a rollercoaster, depending on which groups reviews get posted first.  And then which get posted second and third and fourth.

• Like 2

Can reviews really make or break a movie like Deadpool?

I think the same applies to Mario and Despicable Me, movies that didn't get good reviews but people didn't care about them and went to see both.

I love reading reviews ( no matter if they trash or praise a movie ). I can't imagine myself not going to the cinema or going to the cinema just because someone trashed or loved a movie.  If I'm interested, I'll see it. That's all.

Just now, MightyDargon said:

I see we're still going with the "Cinemascore actually means something" even after Apes shot that theory full of holes, but whatever.

What, Cinemascore is literally like opinion of Audience, straight from theaters.

It does mean something, why is that even a question.