kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

12 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

E-Bl6cq-VIAEevc.jpg

In Japan, Deadpool 3 dropped to 3rd on Thursday - 56% Drop from Opening Day (Wednesday). It won't win the Weekend at debut here 

how’s DW doing in SK? Drop as well today?

1 minute ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Bad WOM there? :( 

More like frontloaded by fans with no actual GA which are either watching Kingdom IV or DM4.

Anyways, Market was never meant for CBMs so it's not really surprising 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

More like frontloaded by fans with no actual GA which are either watching Kingdom IV or DM4.

Anyways, Market was never meant for CBMs so it's not really surprising 

MoM made 16.6M in Japan. After this drop, do you think it’s still achievable for DW?

Joker made surprisingly 46M in Japan.

Edited by leoh
  • Like 1

Mainland China Full Run Projections 

¥403M ($56M) - Maoyan

¥471M ($65M) - Taopiaopiao 

2 minutes ago, leoh said:

MoM made 16.6M in Japan. After this drop, do you think it’s still achievable for DW?

Yen has fallen a lot. $13M Full Projection in Japan

The movie is going to be a massive hit and we are still going to have people freaking out about it's OS performance in countries  that may have never been big Deadpool or even CBM';s to begin with.  Peak BO Theory.

• Like 11

Weren't the previous Deadpool movies actually banned in certain countries (presumably, this one is too or they're just not bothering to release in said countries)? I don't know why anyone would've expected this to not have a similar handicapped worldwide total.

They reportedly made cuts for China. It seems like they've made an effort to get this into as many markets as they can. It seems like those brief days when Disney refused to censor their films for specific markets are now gone again.

20 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

They reportedly made cuts for China. It seems like they've made an effort to get this into as many markets as they can. It seems like those brief days when Disney refused to censor their films for specific markets are now gone again.

I WANTED to see a China only NWH cut where they removed the Statue of Liberity from the final battle. Would have been wild.:sparta:

Edited by Mojoguy

This was a fun time. I really liked the action, especially between Deadpool and Wolverine. It's difficult to talk about this without spoiling stuff, but expect surprises. And those surprises were done well, imo. I just thought some parts were episodic in some ways and that editing could have been better. Most of the humor landed and those that didn't, I really didn't care much. This also had more emotional moments than the first two DEADPOOL movies combined. I also liked what Marvel did in the end credits.

7.5/10

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

The movie is going to be a massive hit and we are still going to have people freaking out about it's OS performance in countries  that may have never been big Deadpool or even CBM';s to begin with.  Peak BO Theory.

I can understand Japan, but SK used to be one of the absolute best CBM markets, probably #2 behind China back then.

33 minutes ago, leoh said:

‘Deadpool and Wolverine’ opens lower than expected in Mexico. 

Apparently it's essentially an NC-17 there, meaning no one under 18 is allowed, even if they're accompanied by an adult. Supposedly this was not the case with the previous two movies, so evidently either this movie is a lot gorier than before or Mexico's censor board has gotten more conservative. That'll hurt its haul for sure.

45 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I can understand Japan, but SK used to be one of the absolute best CBM markets, probably #2 behind China back then.

Post COVID it's not that great. MOM opened to 1m admits OD and did not even do 6m. Thor/wakanda also collapsed from previous movies. Only Guardians did well due to WOM.