75Live

Weekend Thread | est. DS 43 | Trolls 35 | Arrival 24 | Alm.X-Mas 15.56 | Hacksaw 10.77 | Account. 4.57 |

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

An ad for Nocturnal Animals was just shown during break on SNL. Will be interesting to see how the high the PTA will go next weekend opening in 36 theaters (albeit mostly in metropolitan areas).

Movie's in the top 3 2016 along with Zoo and My Father Toni Erdmann. Nails were bitten and everyone involved (actors, director, writers) really seem to have a great time knowing they are up with something great. Playful in its blueprint, brutal in its execution. 

9/10 (Fantastic!)

Edited by Amadeus
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

From my dad:

"tell your online movie buddies that hacksaw ridge was awesome, and if they haven't seen it yet than they'd better find 10 bucks and get their asses to the theatre. 10/10"

I'd love to, but its not released here... yet.

Hacksaw, Arrival, Rogue One I hope to get to see in this year still, son wants to drag me into Assassin's Creed also. He wants to watch Fantastic Beasts too, not sure if I will watch it too.

Live by Night, maybe Passengers (have to do a bit of research first)... gets released in 2017 here, so counts that in an US thread as this years to watch list or ...?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

From my dad:

"tell your online movie buddies that hacksaw ridge was awesome, and if they haven't seen it yet than they'd better find 10 bucks and get their asses to the theatre. 10/10"

I'll see what I can do, but my free time has evaporated in recent weeks. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I'd love to, but its not released here... yet.

Hacksaw, Arrival, Rogue One I hope to get to see in this year still, son wants to drag me into Assassin's Creed also. He wants to watch Fantastic Beasts too, not sure if I will watch it too.

Live by Night, maybe Passengers (have to do a bit of research first)... gets released in 2017 here, so counts that in an US thread as this years to watch list or ...?

You know, if your son wants to see assassin's creed with you, you should see it with him :) One thing my dad has told me in the past even after we watch a crap movie is that he would rather watch a bad movie with me and make memories with his son than watch a great movie by himself.  

22 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

I'll see what I can do, but my free time has evaporated in recent weeks. 

Totally understand, I've been crazy busy with grad stuff these past few weeks, not seeing Queen of Katwe as a result, but hopefully I'll be more caught up by the time Fantastic Beasts opens.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Doctor Rth said:

ok

DS 17.7,Tr 14.2,Ar 9,AXmas 6, HR 4.2,TAc 1.9 

That's a bigger jump than expected?? Should give a weekend of low to mid forties for DS. trolls. About right for the 33m or34m weekend. Arrival should be above 22m on that. 

Nice weekend. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

You know, if your son wants to see assassin's creed with you, you should see it with him :) One thing my dad has told me in the past even after we watch a crap movie is that he would rather watch a bad movie with me and make memories with his son than watch a great movie by himself.  

Totally understand, I've been crazy busy with grad stuff these past few weeks, not seeing Queen of Katwe as a result, but hopefully I'll be more caught up by the time Fantastic Beasts opens.

Haha, nearly all movies I manage to see (timee-wise) I see with him in a cinema, but he sees more in the cinemas than I manage to do. Quite a few of those we watch together are picked by him (or pointed out to me way earlier, a bit like here ' a new film with... is in preparation' and if the summery is to our liking we will watch it together, or only him, or only me ;) .

Additionally we have way over 2000 discs here at home, recently he started to watch the older ones more systematically, yesterday he picked A Bridge too Far. I am hopeful to get him as exited as I am about e.g. Charles Laughton (my favourite actor).

• Like 2