kayumanggi

JUSTICE LEAGUE | 427.2 M overseas ● 654.4 M worldwide

JL gross breakdown this week

Dom - 6.58m (4.17 weekend, 2.414 weekday) (estimates)

China -  0.76 (0.16 weekend, 0.6 weekday) 

OS-Ch - 11.14 (5.16 weekend and 6 weekdays) (estimates)

OS-Ch - Overseas dropped by about 57.5% from last week. The weekday drop from last week was about 40% whereas the weekend drop was close to 68%. As you can see it held well over the weekdays but fell huge when TLJ opened over the weekend as expected. 

Dom - FB managed about 5.2x legs from this weekend on. If JL manages the same it will get to 241m. However JL had a bigger drop this weekend than FB and it is failing behind in dailies as well. 240 will be a struggle. Final total still in the range of 235-240 I believe. 

Total - Still heading for a 660-670m range. Doctor Strange worldwide seems out of range

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

650-655 million is where this will end worldwide...

Disappointing, but not surprising. Good thing WB still had some hits this year. So, not a bad year overall.

“Not a bad year”?

I’m sure I just read that it’s one of WB’s best years in history. Domestically and worldwide. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

“Not a bad year”?

I’m sure I just read that it’s one of WB’s best years in history. Domestically and worldwide. 

Yeah, I agree with you. But Justice League's number is one of the most disappointing news of this year. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, I agree with you. But Justice League's number is one of the most disappointing news of this year. 

Ah I thought you meant WB’s year “wasn’t bad” lol. 

Worldwide gets to $660m with 50% drops every week and weekend overseas. Probably won’t go much higher. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mredman said:

it will be DCEU's 2nd best performing movie OS yet. I say its not bad at all only trailing BvS

If we're talking of a movie about a C-lister, the numbers are quite alright. But this is JL dude. A movie full of A-listers and B-listers. A movie with this stature should have exceeded a billion worldwide. This is an Avengers level movie. You shouldn't be contented with a possible $660 million total (especially given the $450 million production and marketing/distribution budget).

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

If we're talking of a movie about a C-lister, the numbers are quite alright. But this is JL dude. A movie full of A-listers and B-listers. A movie with this stature should have exceeded a billion worldwide. This is an Avengers level movie. You shouldn't be contented with a possible $660 million total (especially given the $450 million production and marketing/distribution budget).

it broke even when it hit 600 million. Variety and buisnessinsider both reported this. BvS was their Avengers. The schedule was the fault here. Sandwiched between Thor/Hulk and TLJ. Was a terrible idea. They should have waited for January

Edited by mredman

Looks like 240 + 435 = 675 is the most it can doI think realistically it will do mid-high 660s.

Over MOS (668) is possible but DS (677) looks too far.

Apart from TF5's shocking 615 ww (below POTC5's OS alone), this has to be the biggest disappointment. But WB also has the biggest positive surprises this year in IT and WONDR so credit to them on an overall great year.

TF5 and JL's combined ww (615 + 665-670 = 1280-1285) will be only a little bigger than BATB's ww (1264).

Also SW8 dom will go over TF5 and JL's ww handily.

Edited by a2knet

1 hour ago, mredman said:

it will be DCEU's 2nd best performing movie OS yet. I say its not bad at all only trailing BvS

That is a bit misleading, SS I imagine is above JL in many market, considering it did 420m without China, Justice League is currently around 312m OS-China, Man Of steel did around 315m OS-China.

Dark Knight rises did 584m OS-China, Hancock 381m.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mredman said:

it broke even when it hit 600 million. Variety and buisnessinsider both reported this. BvS was their Avengers. The schedule was the fault here. Sandwiched between Thor/Hulk and TLJ. Was a terrible idea. They should have waited for January

Its a shitting horrible performance 

January for a JL movie? Embarrassing 

I agree though I have a hard time seeing it lose money once you factor in non theatrical revenue 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Its a shitting horrible performance 

January for a JL movie? Embarrassing 

I agree though I have a hard time seeing it lose money once you factor in non theatrical revenue 

its a disappointing performance, There is no embarrassing months anymore. People said February was that and March ect.. And now many movies opens there.