75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

its a projection from friday number. Anyone can do it. It will increase 20% minus previews and 30-35% drop on sunday. So its not that hard. No hate. Just dont care. I will probably see it next week(team movie out at office). Was supposed to see this week but couple of folks could not make it. Will provide my review after that. 

I really loved potter books but never hooked on to movies.

It should increase way more than that. It's a family movie.

• Like 1

Yikes for everything except Hacksaw Ridge (like Baumer said, that has a 39% drop should the 6.5 number hold). Even Trolls and The Accountant spiked down. Strange was molested big time by Beasts as I expected, which in turn is definitely underperforming (maybe not compared to tracking, but seriously, it could've and probably should've at least matched Strange's OW). Only major positive is Moonlight finally cracks the top 10, yay for that.

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Rank the best explorations of the human condition out of the following movies:

Arrival, Interstellar, and Artificial Intelligence.

A., I., and A.I.. The conspiracy is real between all these filmmakers :bourne:

For the matter, Interstellar being #1 BOTF of 2014 is such a perfect proof of the weirdos y'all are (not that I mind Interstellar, it's good, but better than something like Whiplash or Gone Girl? Bitches please).

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Um no it's not. The audience polling suggested less than 10% under 18. 

I answered in the FB too to this. That polling is mostly for midnights and friday morning, which is still a school day. Ofc there are few kids. Wait for Sat.

• Like 1

I personally think the box office is still quite exciting right now as it almost always is during the holiday season. Yes, FB may be underperforming and the holdovers drop rather bigly, but I'll gladly take a mid-November weekend with a $70m+ opener over a mid-September one with a $20m+ opener.

• Like 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Did you overpredict big time this weekend Mr Potus. Grrr I must say I am annoyed by your name/avatar.

I did over predict as every other derby player did. Why arent you playing?

MSM has you brainwashed with embellishments, half truths and damned lies, he is much better than the soon to be in prison alternative.

Look on the bright side, we're friends with Russia again and at defcon 5, no need to build a bunker:)

1 hour ago, James said:

I fully agree with you. But if it gets to 800m that will be with good legs which would mean it was well received. At this point, I think tha would please most people, since the sequel has something FB1 hadn't. Unlike The Hobbit for example, which crammed the most import connection it got (Gollum) into the first movie, FB had nothing. But it will have Dumbledore reintroduced in the second movie. Now some people might argue that is not a big deal, but just yesterday I read this in the FB thread:

If the old hardcore HP fans are anything like me (this will be the first HP movie I don't see on OD since the first one), they just aren't invested in this story. As much as the fans love JKR, I can't imagine any fan has ever thought, "You know what I want next from the universe? A 5-part film series about Newt Scamander, that guy who was literally just a random name in the HP books, and who was never even brought up in the movies!" This isn't the story fans really wanted or cared about seeing.

An actual, non-Cursed Child related sequel? A series about Harry's parents' time at Hogwarts, fully displaying the friendship and fallout of Snape and Lily? A daring series spanning much of Dumbledore's early life, from his teen/young adult years, displaying his complicated relationship and infatuation with Grindelwald, to his rise to power, and ending with his (potentially heartbreaking) final showdown with Grindelwald? I can see those generating far more interest.

This was a HP fan not even knowing that the franchise would move in that direction. With much bigger stakes, this and a well received first movie, I could see the second movie at least staying flat WW, if not increasing.

Fantastic Beasts is Batman Begins.

FB2 is going to be TDK.

The franchise is fine.

That being said I'm really happy DS is going to outgross this. I know some Potter nerds that were saying this had a legit shot at topping Rogue One. Uh. No.

Edited by GuardianDevil

25 minutes ago, GuardianDevil said:

FB2 is going to be TDK.

The franchise is fine.

That being said I'm really happy DS is going to outgross this. I know some Potter nerds that were saying this had a legit shot at topping Rogue One. Uh. No.

Saying the sequel will be TDK.....THATS A BOLD STATEMENT, COTTON

• Like 1

Yup, as expected. Dunno why people have been expecting anything more, especially those who were predicting stuff like 100M. Been saying for ages this would do 70M if lucky and finish below 200.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yikes for everything except Hacksaw Ridge (like Baumer said, that has a 39% drop should the 6.5 number hold). Even Trolls and The Accountant spiked down. Strange was molested big time by Beasts as I expected, which in turn is definitely underperforming (maybe not compared to tracking, but seriously, it could've and probably should've at least matched Strange's OW). Only major positive is Moonlight finally cracks the top 10, yay for that.

A., I., and A.I.. The conspiracy is real between all these filmmakers :bourne:

For the matter, Interstellar being #1 BOTF of 2014 is such a perfect proof of the weirdos y'all are (not that I mind Interstellar, it's good, but better than something like Whiplash or Gone Girl? Bitches please).

You're down to earth and focused on the present, we're imaginative and dream about the future.

Nothing wrong with that, technology advances are so exciting :)

13 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

There's really no point to any "I told you so" posts except making you feel like a big man, is there?

It's a human trait, we love to be right and boast, nothing wrong here, and it's helping those who were wrong to reassert and being more cautious next time, making them better persons, it's called experience. That's the good thing about being wrong, we improve thanks to our mistakes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

JLaw needs to stop being in every single movie in existence, I think I saw her hiding in the Fantastic Beasts trailer.

Surprising she's not in a Marvel or Star Wars movie, that will happen one day or another :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GuardianDevil said:

FB2 is going to be TDK.

The franchise is fine.

Big difference. 

Fantastic Beasts followed a well-regarded finale film stuffed full of goodwill, Batman Begins followed a franchise-killing disaster. Tracking/expectations on the latter never took that into account. So when it "only" opened to $74M over its 5-day, it was deemed a letdown... until the following weekend and its glue-like hold. The Hobbit is the better (albeit still not entirely on the money) comparison.

• Like 2