75Live

Weekend Numbers: Fantastic Beasts 75M, Strange 17.6M, Trolls 17.5M, Arrival 11.8M, Edge of 17 4.8M, Bleed 2.35M, Billy Lynn 930k

Miss Peregrine's held well.  It took a 32% dip in per screen average for a 400K weekend.  It needs to be at 86,613,420 to make a 3x opening weekend multiplier.  It is $825,779 shy after this weekend.  It looks safe now.  I was a bit skeptical before this weekend.  Civil War smacked Batman vs Superman's per screen average down 60.3% from the previous weekend!  BIG DIFFERENCE FOR MISS PEREGRINE!!

Edited by Matrix4You
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Treecraft said:

Err... not sure what is childish about enjoying high fantasy.

Are you just being argumentative or do you not realize that 2/3rds of WOW players are college age or below and only 10% are above the age of 30.  So basically, when people reach the age where they have families and responsibility they are no longer enjoying "high fantasy".  And that doesn't even go into all the derogatory stereotypes floating around regarding such fans.

32 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think Deadpool is a one time movie. The novelty works for the first viewing, but I have a feeling in 10 years it will be one of those huge box office hits that most people go "huh?" to. 

Nope, it's one of those movies you notice while channel surfing and end up watching the whole thing.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Nope, it's one of those movies you notice while channel surfing and end up watching the whole thing.

Still don't think it will hold up well. Kinda like how SM1 went way down in opinion as the years kept passing. 

Edited by MovieMan89

23 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Still don't think it will hold up well. Kinda like how SM1 went way down in opinion as the years kept passing. 

SM1? Superman 1? Spider-Man 1? I'm going to assume it's neither of those.

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah, it feels like something you could edit down to a TV-14 rating and most wouldn't care

On a related note, watched a bit of The Lego Movie on TBS for the first time in awhile. Surprised by how much it still made me laugh

Edited by tribefan695

5 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Please don't tell me you are one of THOSE people. Rated R forever!

I'm just stating a fact. FX will edit it down to TV-14 and people will still watch it and laugh at it

Honestly they probably wouldn't need to cut out that much since they get away with a lot of shit in their original programming

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I personally thought Deadpool was mostly unfunny and stupid. Though I like Reynolds and glad he had a big hit

Yeah I laughed once during the entire movie and it was at the title card that said "Produced by Asshats".

17 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Actuals from UK are in, and they are amazing.

£15.25m OW. 9th biggest of all time, behind TFA, DH1&2, Skyfall, Spectre, JW, BD2 and QoS. 

Amazing numbers from UK, I hope it'll have very good legs there as well.