CaptainJackSparrow

⊃∪∩⪽ | Legendary | October 22 2021 | Denis Villeneuve | Returns to IMAX on December 3

9 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I remain amazed at how much power people think screenwriters have, not to mention how they think the final film is completely attributable to their script (or script contribution). 

Could it be screenwriters are very protective of their work and the slightest change to their work make them whine 24/7 about how they gets no respect in Hollywood ?

Maybe screenwriters are the one creating the narrative you are refferring to ?

Just an idea ...

I mean movies come from somewhere, no ?

They are not made ex-nihilo.

And usually, the script is the semen/ovula of any film.

Without it, no DNA.

Edited by The Futurist

37 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Cut CHOAM completely. I don't care how awesome design the Navigator is, everything about CHOAM is CHORE-AM. 

Reduce Duke and beef up the Fremen. More Stilgar and less Leto is the way to go. 

The rest should be fine.

The Navigator has nothing to do with CHOAM, but rather with the Spacing Guild. And you cannot remove the Guild, otherwise all the importance of the Spice in keeping the Empire together is removed

I mean more like just briefly explain what they do but don't go into details of spice production, distribution, etc. There are parts that are fine for the book but in the movie are going to be like Trade Wars in TPM minus the memes. 

Edited by Valonqar

7 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Could it be screenwriters are very protective of their work and the slightest change to their work make them whine 24/7 about how they gets no respect in Hollywood ?

Maybe screenwriters are the one creating the narrative you are refferring to ?

Just an idea ...

Not sure how screenwriter talking about their work changed in the final product would create the narrative that the final film is completely attributable to screenwriter, instead of putting a light to the exact opposite ?

36 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Is an R-rating a requirement for this? I haven’t read the book in awhile so I forgot the adult content in this if there is any

The Lynch version was PG-13 and I'll be surprised if this isn't.

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

this is going to bomb huge. Hope they decided to make the movie feel standalone so it will be more satisfying

There is rumors of a small-medium budget (100-110M), smaller than Elysium, that they do not go big budget on it, with how big the franchise name is, the expected quality, the intl nature of the genre/franchise, large assemble cast filled with names, etc....

I can see this do a bit better than BR 2049 $260M and at that price tag that would not be a bomb at all.

8 hours ago, cookie said:

The Lynch version was PG-13 and I'll be surprised if this isn't.

It would not be a big surprise if they go R, considering that Villeneuve said:

“Most of the main ideas of Star Wars are coming from Dune so it’s going to be a challenge to [tackle] this,” the French-Canadian director says. “The ambition is to do the Star Wars movie I never saw. In a way, it’s Star Wars for adults. We’ll see.”

Edited by Barnack
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Torrance said:

bwahahhahaha . this is so crazy, i don't wanna brag, but i love when i'm proven right.  next up for my prediction: Top Gun 2 is a complete misfire, a critical and BO bomb like The Mummy. My sixth sense says so

15 minutes ago, Alli said:

bwahahhahaha . this is so crazy, i don't wanna brag, but i love when i'm proven right.  next up for my prediction: Top Gun 2 is a complete misfire, a critical and BO bomb like The Mummy. My sixth sense says so

whatever helps you sleep at night

15 minutes ago, Alli said:

The Mummy was hardly a bomb. Making over 400m worldwide with a terrible film is remarkable.

It is the franchise disease, Legendary wanted a TV spin-off to happen and it was the main reason for its existence. Removing the creator before it even starts production makes that clear.

Hopefully it doesn't mean anything for the movie(s) (and unfortunately ambitious science-fiction has a poor record at the box office anyway).