WrathOfHan

Vice | Opening Wide on Christmas | Let's call it... mixed reviews #DiViceive

11 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

LOL, Bradley Cooper must be so pissed right now.  This is gonna be a huge contender this winter.

Bale, Viggo and Malek are his big competition cause all 3 movies are likely to do great boxoffice too. So acclaimed transformative performances + big boxoffice =/= not just ASIB's privilege 

41 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Dick Cheney is an American Hero and Treasure.

History will say he was right all along.

Not sure this is what this movie is about.

Somehow your hot takes about real life manage to be 10 folds worse than your hot takes about funny book movies. Damn.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

Christian Bale looks amazing, he always delivers. Trailer looks good, and given the fact it's getting a wide release, I am guessing it will open around 14-15 million (3 day weekend), but since it opens on tuesday, 25th - 6 day total can be anywhere from 30 to 35 million. Total could go as low as 70 and as high as 95 million.

3 hours ago, TMP said:

Somehow your hot takes about real life manage to be 10 folds worse than your hot takes about funny book movies. Damn.

That's not his worst "real life" hot take, believe me..I won't repeat it but it was about little girls..

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

This will probably open in 1k theaters then hit 2.5k the first weekend of January when theaters can dump the bombs

Mortal Engines I assume for sure, but now that Alita's gone I don't know what else will get dumped. Welcome to Marwen probably. I just think the others are gonna do well enough.

But yeah I'd say 500-100 theaters on Christmas and then 2k+ January 4th or 11th now that Hellboy and Ad Astra are gone 

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Like 1

It's a bit weird that Bale and Rockwell sound exactly like their characters while Steve Carrell just sounds like... Steve Carrell. 

Anyway, looks fun. Political satire might be dead thanks to Trump but it still feels like a good time for a semi-humorous Bush administration critique. Will likely catch it at the cinema (damn you, staggered UK release date). 

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

It's a bit weird that Bale and Rockwell sound exactly like their characters while Steve Carrell just sounds like... Steve Carrell. 

Anyway, looks fun. Political satire might be dead thanks to Trump but it still feels like a good time for a semi-humorous Bush administration critique. Will likely catch it at the cinema (damn you, staggered UK release date). 

The early test screenings basically said that Carrell kind of does.. very little with that character. Rockwell is apparently the scene stealer.

8 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

The early test screenings basically said that Carrell kind of does.. very little with that character. Rockwell is apparently the scene stealer.

Test screenings have been spotty ths year, but yeah, Rockwell will definitely be the main supporting push