An MCU movie

A Spike Lee joint

Oscar bait straight out of the 80s

A divisive movie that will be yellow on Meta and potentially rotten

A problematic hit biopic that is barely even fresh on RT and below 50 on Meta

A jumpscare horror movie produced by Michael Bay

A Disney sequel

An indie movie revolving around middle schoolers

Like damn. Beale Street feels like the most normal contender of the bunch, and a not that long ago, it would've been too indie to make it :lol: 

As for whether this is still making it into Picture, idk. It depends on what the industry's side is. Given Adams is probably winning her category, they at least have to be closer to the love it side, right?

Is she, tho?

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Is she, tho?

If this falls under 50%, I'll reconsider it, but who else can do it? King's SAG snub is pretty damning, and Stone and Weisz are probably gonna split votes. This would've been an easy win for Colman if she was placed here.

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If this falls under 50%, I'll reconsider it, but who else can do it? King's SAG snub is pretty damning, and Stone and Weisz are probably gonna split votes. This would've been an easy win for Colman if she was placed here.

SAG's snub would be damning if it weren't in a year that is by all accounts, wack for this category. At least enough for me to say King still has a good shot even if the Screen Actors Guild didn't care for Beale Street.

If King wins a Globe, I think that feedback will loop all the way to the Oscars. 

Edited by MrPink

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Is she, tho?

I said this in the Best Picture thread but after seeing The Favourite they really wasted a good opportunity for a sweep by putting Colman in Lead. Nobody would’ve made a deal out of her placement had they put her there since she definitely ranks #3 in terms of screen time among the three women (albeit narrowly, it’s definitely a three-hander).

Edited by filmlover

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

This is a fine Oscar season and a few of the bad reviews for this are pissing me off, seriously. Some have very legit gripes but a few of them....baaaaaad takes.

The review from The Wrap is terribly written

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

This film is now Rotten on Rotten Tomatoes. I cannot see this getting the best picture nod. Thank God the studio amd Plan B production still has if Beale Street could talk.

I have said it before and I will say it again it shouldn’t have its six golden globe nominations and i’m not many, if at all any oscar nods