Just now, terrestrial said:

Sometimes I hate acronyms.

What?

Sorry.

TP = The Prequels

OT = The Original trilogy

ST = The Sequel trilogy

GFFA = Galaxy Far Far Away

That tends to happen when you spend too much time on the Cantina forums where everything Star Wars related is an acronym. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Isn't a lot easier to use PT instead of TP for consistencies sake? Lol

yeah that's the only way I have seen it referred to as well :P 

PT, OT, etc, etc

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mad Max said:

If FB follows THG:CF, then it'll see an increase of 30% over Tuesday's number. eXtacy over at the Monday thread posted that CF is a good baseline for FB. It would be cool if FB can mange a (25-30)% increase in numbers from Tuesday.

Discount Tuesday is also a factor though.  I still think there's a good sized increase around 20-25% or so.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ThePanda A Star Wars Story said:

Discount Tuesday is also a factor though.  I still think there's a good sized increase around 20-25% or so.

Seems likely given the Mockingjay sequels only did 20%, seems like Catching Fire was on the upper with 30.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

With discount Tuesdays being way bigger than what they were even last year and especially the year before and the year before I don't think the increased today is going to be that huge. It will still be substantial of course but not like it was 2 years ago.

• Like 2

Walt Disney is reporting that their latest Thanksgiving animation release drew $2.6M last night from previews starting at 7pm, beating a slew of previous preview nights for their feature tunes including Zootopia‘s Thursday night ($1.7M), Big Hero Six ($1.4M), The Good Dinosaur (which had a Tuesday night preview record of $1.3M) as well as Frozen ($1.2M).

http://deadline.com/2016/11/moana-fantastic-beasts-tuesday-box-office-thanksgiving-1201859220/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

someone started a thread I guess, does a Tuesday preview also count as weekend???

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Walt Disney is reporting that their latest Thanksgiving animation release drew $2.6M last night from previews starting at 7pm, beating a slew of previous preview nights for their feature tunes including Zootopia‘s Thursday night ($1.7M), Big Hero Six ($1.4M), The Good Dinosaur (which had a Tuesday night preview record of $1.3M) as well as Frozen ($1.2M).

http://deadline.com/2016/11/moana-fantastic-beasts-tuesday-box-office-thanksgiving-1201859220/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

someone started a thread I guess, does a Tuesday preview also count as weekend???

That's a great start for Moana, especially since I figured it'd be more backloaded.

Moana could be in for a very Frozen-esque run after all.  I think competition from Sing and Rogue One will stop it from being as huge, but 300m is a good possibility.

• Like 2

Warner Bros.’ J.K. Rowling original cinematic story Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ruled Tuesday with an estimated $9.3M at 4,144 as four new wide releases began previews in an effort to get a leg up on the Wednesday-Sunday Thanksgiving Day stretch. The cume through five days for the David Yates-directed movie stands at $90.5M.

Deadline

9.3M FB

• Like 8

FB:$9.3M

Warner Bros.’ J.K. Rowling original cinematic story Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them ruled Tuesday with an estimated $9.3M at 4,144 as four new wide releases began previews in an effort to get a leg up on the Wednesday-Sunday Thanksgiving Day stretch. The cume through five days for the David Yates-directed movie stands at $90.5M.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I hope it's a little higher than that - I want it to start showing slightly stronger legs. I'm just being greedy though, that's a pretty good number.

Quoting myself here cause I wanted it a little higher than 9M and I've just gotten my wish, awesome. :cloud9:

Worrying news for FB though regarding that preview number for Moana. It might break out big and suck its oxygen a bit. No, it's not the same audience I know, but still, every cent helps!

Edited by Arlborn

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Quoting myself here cause I wanted it a little higher than 9M and I've just gotten my wish, awesome. :cloud9:

Worrying news for FB though regarding that preview number for Moana. It might break out big and suck its oxygen a bit. No, it's not the same audience I know, but still, every cent helps!

Could be a situation like Catching Fire and Frozen?