baumer

Tuesday #s: FB 9.3M

Fantastic Beasts has exceeded my projections each day following its slightly underwhelming opening day. This is going to have some sexy legs....a 3x is looking really good at the moment.

Edited by Lumos
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Lumos said:

Fantastic Beasts has exceeded my projections each day following its slightly underwhelming opening day. This is going to have some sexy legs....a 3x is looking really good at the moment.

It's Suicide Squad all over again. People here were saying it wouldn't reach 300M, so I hope the same happen and FB goes way past 200M as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It's Suicide Squad all over again. People here were saying it wouldn't reach 300M, so I hope the same happen and FB goes way past 200M as well.

I like Suicide Squad but FB is MUCH better.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, efialtes76 said:

I love the Trilogy but the best is The Fellowship and Master and Commander deserved the Oscar more than The Return of the King imo.

I flip flop betwee FOTR and TTT for the best. ROTK is definitely most flawed but, still, what a finale, what a finale! And it had incredibly emotional payoff. 

That said, I'm happy that the trilogy won even if it may not be for the best movie of the three. It deserved the win and awarding the last one was really for the whole story. So no complaints from me regardless of my personal ranking. 

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

FB is settling into a fine run. We all look kinda silly panicking at that preview # now (I know not all of us did).

It seems like everyone has been panicking over something in recent weeks, but it looks like the holiday box office is shaping up to be pretty good all around.

18 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

FB is settling into a fine run. We all look kinda silly panicking at that preview # now (I know not all of us did).

Yeah it looks like the fans didn't rush out opening weekend and instead are seeing it gradually which allows it to not be as frontloaded 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Yeah it looks like the fans didn't rush out opening weekend and instead are seeing it gradually which allows it to not be as frontloaded 

Which is quite polar opposite of how fandoms have been behaving the last 6-7 years. We've seen more and more front loaded films year after year. FB is just a, ahem, different animal.

• Like 2

Hmm, I predicted better legs than the typical HP movie because the HP fan-base is older now and cannot rush out to see their favorite movie immediately. Responsibilities! Many former Potterheads have work over this Thanksgiving Weekend and December is a hard month for anybody working in retail. You could see former Potterheads having to wait till January to have any time off to watch this. Of course, this could also mean waiting for a home-release. I'm curious to see what China does, as the BO there was still developing at the end of the HP series...

3 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Anything new from Japan someone???

Not sure if you are aware, there is an Internatioanl area here at BOT (this thread is in the dom area), it has a Japan thread

BOT also has a China area, Games, General Topics, and..... other non-movie areas.

Dom, intl, China,.... are all in the Movie Discusssion area

In my signature are 'fast'/direct links to 'international' and to 'China'

To find the non-movie areas you have to click on the first link 'Forums' and chose whatever you are curious about.

If you knew, maybe this helps a newer member / guest anyway, ...

As I started then I didn't realise for a time there are different areas here at BOT, as I found it via a search engine and ended in dom.

Enjoy!

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

Arrival Paramount Pictures $1,730,914 29% 2,335 $741   $46,787,300  
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Paramount Pictures $129,105 2% 1,110 $116   $56,912,613  

Bleed for This Open Road $279,236 11% 1,549 $180   $2,897,610  

Almost Christmas Universal $845,965 24% 2,379 $356   $27,166,865  
The Girl on the Train Universal $61,225 -10% 492 $124   $74,598,879  
The Secret Life of Pets Universal $36,220 17% 214 $169   $367,572,570  
Ouija: Origin of Evil Universal $31,350 -16% 381 $82   $34,973,450  
Kevin Hart: What Now? Universal $3,455 -2% 62 $56   $23,571,610  
Edited by terrestrial
added Quijy & Kevin Hart
  • Like 4