La Binoche

Weekend numbers. Moana 28.3 | FB 18.5 | Arrival 7.3 | Allied 7 | DS 6.8 | Trolls 4.6 | Hacksaw 3.4

Two other holdovers -- Allied and Arrival -- are on track to earn around $8 million each this weekend. Arrival, Paramount's sci-fi alien film starring Amy Adams, has grossed $65.8 million domestically, and hit the $100 million milestone globally on Friday.

Better 

10 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Two other holdovers -- Allied and Arrival -- are on track to earn around $8 million each this weekend. Arrival, Paramount's sci-fi alien film starring Amy Adams, has grossed $65.8 million domestically, and hit the $100 million milestone globally on Friday.

Better 

BAH GAWD :ohmygod: Glad I contributed to Arrival earlier

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Funny, I assumed the opposite.  

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just saw the trailer for assassins creed at the pictures today. the idea of having over 2 hours of that is a pretty fear inducing one.

THIS IS MY WORLD

OH YOU TOOK A WRONG TURN

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POTUS said:

I'm amazed how often deadline is either 20% over or 20% under on est/projections and seldom in the sweet spot. 

It's like they're either on coke or heroin.

This is obviously a coke weekend. ?

I'm not, but then again I've been following Deadline's box office posts for years now, so I know how wrong, inaccurate and cuckoo they are when it comes to early number. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i just saw the trailer for assassins creed at the pictures today. the idea of having over 2 hours of that is a pretty fear inducing one.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

THIS IS MY WORLD

OH YOU TOOK A WRONG TURN

If ever a movie called for a 90-min runtime....

1 hour ago, La Binoche said:

Better 

tumblr_mfcso1sX571qguputo1_500.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office/box-office-moana-fantastic-beasts-incarnate-1201931867/

Variety Friday and Projections

Moana: $6.3 million/ $28-$30 m  (would be 30.7m with Frozen multi)

Beasts: $5.3 million /up to $20m  (think $18-19 likely)

Allied: $8m

Strange: $6-7m

Arrival: $6m  (disappointing if true especially with expansion)

Trolls: $5m

Incarnate: $1m /$3m (2.5m more likely)

I wanted to go with 30m in the derby based on Wednesday's number but i didnt believe it would hold better than 50% when frozen couldnt 

these numbers look a lot more likely than deadlines crack induced hallucinations

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

:WHATanabe: 

How many silly parkour diving/running sequences do you need?

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A movie based on a video game has a plot?

Lmao. Yeah. I can't wait to see the reactions. It is going to be hilarious because of how insane the whole thing is.

44 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

If ever a movie called for a 90-min runtime....

Every time I see the trailer, the future prison sequences kill all interest I have. Cut those out and the film might be mildly compelling... On video... In 2020... When I have nothing better to do.

• Like 1

Variety is dogshit when it comes to weekend predictions based on matinee or whatever they are using. They constantly overestimate movies they stan for (Age of Ultron, nuff said, anyone remembers those weekly overestimations?). That 6-ishM Arrival number clearly didn't take into consideration that it gained over 400 theaters this weekend. 8M sounds right.