La Binoche

Weekend numbers. Moana 28.3 | FB 18.5 | Arrival 7.3 | Allied 7 | DS 6.8 | Trolls 4.6 | Hacksaw 3.4

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Last night's Thursday previews for BH Tilt's Incarnate brought in $120,000. Using Tilt's The Darkness for comparison, as we did in our weekend preview below, that film brought in $206,000 from Thursday previews before opening with $4.95 million in May of this year.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4246&p=.htm

• Like 1

Don't trust these numbers, but everyone made fun of me when I said a 50-55% drop will happen for Beast. An under 50% on LOL. I love this movie and it's run! Who would've expected a HP spin-off to have one of the leggiest runs of the year for a live action blockbuster. 

• Like 4

I don't find a $23 million 3rd weekend for FB that shocking. It already had a better 2nd-weekend drop than every HP film except Sorcerer's Stone. With zero competition this weekend and only an R-rated comedy next weekend, holding well isn't all that surprising.

But it's early, so the numbers could change. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 3

Did anyone see the OS weekly numbers? Usually at this time of day they are already out for some time.

I am asking becasue I want to know at which exact day DS will surpass IM2's ww

8 Iron Man 2 Par. $623.9 $312.4 50.1% $311.5 49.9% 2010
9 Doctor Strange BV $620.1 $208.8 33.7% $411.2 66.3% 2016
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's doing about as well as Bleed for This too. What kinda powa?

The powah of not letting his movies bomb like Billy Lynn and Rules Don't Apply.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Aaron Eckhart: Master of the No1Curr Non-Hit

He can never bomb enough

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/aaron-eckhart-pretended-to-lose-child-support-group-for-role-rabbit-hole-2014231

When host Howard Stern said he'd learned that Eckhart, 45, had visited a support group for parents who lost children and proceeded to pretend to have lost a child himself, the I, Frankenstein actor tried to explain. 

"It's rude," the childless actor admitted. "It's very sensitive to go in there, of course it is. I did the research. The gathering is very quiet. There's 10 people, couples. [Their children had passed away] very recently, it's fresh. You're sitting in sort of a circle. Then one person goes, then two, three, then it gets to me. And by that point you're just so flushed that you just start going and giving the details of the story."

• Like 2