POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I watched the trailer and couldn't figure out why it has massive appeal.

I avoided knowing anything about it other than its box office success. I almost quit watching it in the first 20 minutes or so. Then it got on the level of Steins;Gate. I don't watch much anime in the last decade, but Steins;Gate was pretty damn good.

• Like 1

Saw Allied tonight. Pretty good actually; nothing Oscar worthy and that's really the only thing wrong with it. Everything in it was good, but nothing was stand-out when you, say, look back on the year as a whole. 7.5/10

Also, the snow here has gotten much worse as the evening has wore on. Affected business hugely tonight. Allied is only gonna do o/u 1.5-1.9M for its opening night here. OCP is gonna do maybe 3.5. Everything was generally cut in half what it should have done.

2 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I watched the trailer and couldn't figure out why it has massive appeal.

The trailer shows you very little of the story. It looks like a straight up romantic comedy but thats only the first 30 minutes or so. The reason it has mass appeal is because of WOM which has spread on internet like crazy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

The trailer shows you very little of the story. It looks like a straight up romantic comedy but thats only the first 30 minutes or so. The reason it has mass appeal is because of WOM which has spread on internet like crazy.

I hadn't seen the trailer before watching it. Although the first part was quite hilarious it really steps up a level at a certain point.