POTUS 2020

Weekend BO- Actuals Mo 18.53, OCP 16.89, FB 10.43, Arr 5.58, NA 3.16, MbtS 3.13

1 minute ago, James said:

It's all up in the air right now and I still think Japan is the key. And looking at how the Sat-to-Sat drop this week is around 13%, I'd say it looks at an even better weekend drop than last week's -18%. That's beautiful WOM at work. Hope is not dead yet.

Of course, the other thing is competition, namely Rogue One. But looking at the presales here (which are a good indicator considering TFA is the 2nd highest grossing movie ever) and word in a few other markets from the international thread I think more than a few people will be disappointed with that one, OS at least. It's all about perspective and insane expectations in the end.   

Well so how do you see this ending in Japan?

In order to rach 800m it seems to me that 240m DOM and 150m China-Japan must happen. And even if it does, it's still not a sure thing obviously..

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Well so how do you see this ending in Japan?

In order to rach 800m it seems to me that 240m DOM and 150m China-Japan must happen. And even if it does, it's still not a sure thing obviously..

Corpse said 60m for Japan total last week, but that was because of insane competition coming up. Corpse also predicted a 30%+ drop this weekend for FB, in the face of it's first big competitor. That competitor is actually beating predictions, but even so FB looks at an under 15% drop and will likely keep the top spot for a third week. So imo 70m will happen and I'm hoping for 80m. We need to see how it fares against RO and the new Yo-Kai movie, but if WOM is as good as I think it is, FB will be just fine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James said:

Corpse said 60m for Japan total last week, but that was because of insane competition coming up. Corpse also predicted a 30%+ drop this weekend for FB, in the face of it's first big competitor. That competitor is actually beating predictions, but even so FB looks at an under 15% drop and will likely keep the top spot for a third week. So imo 70m will happen and I'm hoping for 80m. We need to see how it fares against RO and the new Yo-Kai movie, but if WOM is as good as I think it is, FB will be just fine. 

If we see 70m then this changes a lot of things...let alone 80...I mean if these numbers happen, 800m will also happen imo!

• Like 2

I don't know how popular Seinfeld was when it originally aired here in Brazil, but it left zero impact on popular culture. No one talks about it, I never see it on TV, you can't find it on any streaming service, was never released on blu-ray, etc. Friends on the other hand is HUGE.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 5

La La Land actually is off to some solid ground in its limited run already. Lionsgate should be satisfied with 5 hits this year, and an awards contender. Something the studio hasn't seen since Crash was released. But they're going to be losing $$$$ with Power Rangers next Spring. 

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I don't know how popular Seinfeld was when it originally aired here in Brazil, but it left zero impact on popular culture. No one talks about it, I never see it on TV, you can't find it on any streaming service, was never released on blu-ray, etc. Friends on the other hand is HUGE.

Friends is one of the few shows that you could say actually defined a generation. I watched every episode each week from when it premiered during my last year of middle school to when it ended a year after I finished college.

Emily Blunt beat her Edge of Tomorrow co-star - Girl on Train vs Jack Reacher 2 (75 vs 60)

Amy Adams gonna beat her BVS co-star - Arrival vs Accountant (90+ vs 85)

Coincidentally 4 movies opened to similar numbers within a couple mil of each other.

Women in Leading roles++