Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

9 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Just genuinely curious (I respect your opinion, and I am not gonna condemn you for bucking the trend in terms of SW-related conventional wisdom): what do you dislike about Star Wars: A New Hope ?

Cheesy dialogue, awful acting ( vader and leia phahaha), awful vfx.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Im out of the loop, whats this i just saw about 200m weekend?

no numbers gor released, one thingie that gor posted might be based on deadline's very wide range of 'prediction', people think about theoretical possibilities, but do not belief in that unconfirmed by recognised outlets, number. Not even early shooter deadline has it.

James was born in 2006.  He has not idea how groundbreaking the visual effects were in ANH because his point of reference starts in 2009.  :P

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Disney's trying to torment everyone here. They won't release the preview numbers at all and we'll all have to wait until tomorrow morning. Back to the early 2000s we go!

Still better than waiting for the latest Entertainment Weekly mag just to get the top 10 weekend estimates (mid 90's). :qotd:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James said:

Cheesy dialogue, awful acting ( vader and leia phahaha), awful vfx.

I'm sorry dude, I don't like to judge opinions, but the VFX complaint is just ridiculous. It was 1977 for Christ's sake, did you expect Avatar effects out of a movie from that year? Hell, The Phantom Menace looked legit MINDBLOWING back in 1999. Context.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2