Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

23 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Box office bombs don't come much more deserving than Collateral Beauty

Really? 

Why?

I liked it immensely.

• Like 3

I'm going to make a BOT Fanfiction where Water Bottle is the Emperor, and CJohn and Baumer are having a little power squabble about their new fully operational Mod Battle Station.

Tele of course is...

I KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING IN THOSE WHATSAPP CHATS

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

BOT Fanfiction

:flamewar:

[Tele edit: ahem]

edit: Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, @MrPink :ph34r: 

MrPink: I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

• Like 2

Just now, MrPink said:

I'm going to make a BOT Fanfiction where Water Bottle is the Emperor, and CJohn and Baumer are having a little power squabble about their new fully operational Mod Battle Station.

Tele of course is...

Tom Hardy is R1?

1 minute ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Really? 

Why?

I liked it immensely.

Awful trailer, awful reviews, I'm feeling pretty confident in my schadenfreude.

You liked it, great. But let's just say you're not exactly someone I consult for movies that match my taste.

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I still think $160m+ is in play for Rogue One.  If it gets to $50m today has a good chance.  

Is $50m plausible at this point? Pure Friday gross was $42m, if it plays like TFA it gets to ~$46m. However, we are already seeing signs of backloadedness for RO at this point...we'll see.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Right now, factoring in $72 million for R1 on Friday, Disney is at about $2.6B. How much more are their films going to earn in the next two weeks? Figure maybe $30 million more for Moana, so that would mean R1 has to be at about $430m on 12/31 for Disney to hit $3 Billion. 

Would love to see it but is it really possible? 

Up to Thursday, Disney had made $2,530M (not incl. Rogue One's Thu-night gross). Moana is actually expected to make another $45-60M until the year's end. As for Rogue One, based on $152M opening weekend, if it follows the trajectory of SW7 it will make between $400-440M by Dec 31. If it follows Sherlock Holmes 2 (which opened on the same date in 2011 – Dec 16), it will make between $470-480M. These two are the best comparisons I've found. An average brings it to $435-460M. At the low end of these projections: 2,530 + 45 + 435 = 3,010

It will be close but I think that Rogue One's OW will actually be higher than $152M and it will have a higher multiple than SW7, so Disney will make it to $3B. And even if it doesn't it will be really close. So to answer your question: YES, it is really possible and indeed probable, but not certain.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jayhawk said:

Anecdotal, but my best friend, who pretty much never goes to the movies, is going to see RO today. Don't even think he saw TFA in theaters.

But I see movies all the time.

tumblr_inline_nwp2n0RgQj1s9clfh_500.png

• Like 10