Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

1 hour ago, Gumby said:

That #nastywomen marketing strategy worked gangbusters!

I never realized that Chastain was so harshly partisan.  Both her and the marketing basically said "F*** off" to half the country.

Miss Sloane is about a gun control lobbyist and busted Oscar bait, don't think it was ever going to be anything other than a flop or make the Fox News Channel top 10 movies list even if Chastain only ever tweeted about puppies and cats.

41 minutes ago, fracfar said:

Hey Collateral Beauty managed to drag some people away from the Hallmark Channel and into theaters!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

Too early to tell

I think numbers on Saturday and Sunday are going to clear everything up.  

If there is only a small increase on Saturday and a big drop off on Sunday, then you could easily say things are still up in the air and it will take another week to know.  If Saturday has a healthy increase and Sunday has a small drop and the weekend numbers are $155m+ then I think you can safely say Rogue One is heading towards $500m, especially if the competition is non-existent as it appears it might be.  

Passengers and Assassin's Creed both look to be in the potential bomb area.  Fences didn't perform well limited.  Why Him has mediocre reviews.  Collateral Beauty is a non-factor.  Nocturnal Animals is collapsing and Manchester by the Sea had a poor expansion.  

La La Land and Sing might be the only performers and one is counter programming and the other is a very young kids demographic.  Rogue One is going to have some help in the legs department by everything else not living up to expectations.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FTF said:

lol and this is why no one takes Cinemascores seriously.

1 minute ago, fracfar said:

American Sniper was a huge hit though

Yeah, when it comes to AS I take Cinemascore as a good BO indicator calling it right. After all it's not necessarily about quality. Anyway I did a research and this film called miracle from heaven got an A+ this year. Queen of Katwe as well according to an article but it is not listed on the Cinemascore website.

• Like 1