Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

well good for it holding that well on Sunday!!!  I am not trying to be a Troll or anything, but I am disappointed with the opening weekend box office for Rogue One.  I had it at 200.66.  If Avengers and Jurassic World can, shouldnt Rogue One too???  I thought Star Wars transcended December.  I do not need any analysis of why TFA opened so high, i have read it all.  Just from a box office Star Wars die hard POV  I am disappointed, that is all!

25 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Frozen's admissions are laughably low in the history of all time stats at the box office (The Incredibles beats it lmao). If you think it was a box office event then you are lost. 

If you can't recognize that Frozen was a global monster on all fronts than you're the one who's lost.

Edited by ThePanda A Star Wars Story
  • Like 5

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Only in the pop culture sense (i.e. it resonated in a huge way with those who saw it). It wasn't a box office event however. 50m admissions is indeed far too measly for that.

For a Rated R movie in the PG-13 era? It was a big deal. Guns N' Roses was arguably the biggest band on the planet at the time and chose T2 as a movie tie-in for their lead single "You Could Be Mine" for the Use Your Illusion albums that opened at #1 and #2 simultaneously (never done before or since) in the fall of 1991. If a band that huge saw value in T2 as a promotional vehicle, then T2 was a pretty damn big deal in its own time. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

With a 41 mil Sunday, TDK OW could be in trouble...

:sadben:

YOU CAUSED THIS PINK. I TRIED TO STOP IT BUT YOU SAW IT TOO MANY TIMES. AND NOW TDK IS GOING DOWN AGAIN.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

For you Star Wars fans, T2 was directed by the same man who brought us Avatar, Titanic, True Lies, The Abyss, Aliens and The Terminator.

Really didn't know that. Huh. Learn something new everyday, don'tcha.

• Like 2

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

You mean the 75 million+ domestically alone who made it an event? ;)

Oh, think you that's what I'm talking about?!?!

Not you thinking I was coming for you because you've been dragged to hell and back already.

Iw6sJ7K.gif

Bitch! I'm not arguing it wasn't an event.

I'm shading IronJimbo and peeps for being extra as hell and funny in the process.

They always be bringing it up and defending it when it's impact and success speaks for itself.

• Like 3