Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is that when you use a post-it because you're out of toilet paper? 

shitpost ‎(plural shitposts) (Internet, slang, vulgar, pejorative) A worthless post on a messageboard, newsgroup, or other online discussion platform. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I think the only thing I can do at this point is bow out with a Nathan Fillion flustered GIF. 

Maybe when someone shouts "Martha!" and the madness and rage are stilled, you'll come to your senses. ;) 

Be that as it may, pray tell what pop culture impact R1 will be imprinting eh? 

Just now, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Never go with McDonalds. 

All the other options were not quick. But now it was for nothing. Flight is supposed to leave in 5 minutes and it doesn't look like we are close to board yet

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

And we thank the show's writing for that. And for two people in two episodes failing in epic way to shoot him. Carl and Rosita are incompetent shit heads. CARL FAILED TO SHOOT HIM WHILE HE WAS RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF HIM WHILE ROSITA FAILED EVEN HARDER, BY DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE AND HITTING THE BAT.

Just wait for when Daryl stabs him right where the heart would be and Negan cackles and says he's immune because his heart is stored in Davey Jones' treasure chest.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Just wait for when Daryl stabs him right where the heart would be and Negan cackles and says he's immune because his heart is stored in Davey Jones' treasure chest.

You do realize I hope something like this totally happens, right?

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I'm thinking Lego Batman will have a $85-90m OW though $100m wouldn't be a surprise. It'll do much better than The Lego Movie OS although I'm not expecting a huge increase.

I think that The Lego Batman Movie is going to have almost the same multiplier as the original. $330m dom?

Just got back from a 4 p.m. West Coast show a bit ago. Some funny stuff from this screening. First, was lucky to find a spare open seat as the entire upper section (the good half) of the theater was full spare 3 seats. I nabbed a pretty solid single one. By the time the movie started it looked just like my 1 p.m. Friday showing, pretty much full except some garbage front row seats. This was in IMAX 3D at $18.50 a ticket so I'm sure the theater was happy. Of course, as expected, nobody knew how to ring up my Ultimate Ticket (this is the first time I used it, I pre-bought my first two tickets for Thursday and Friday). They finally called a manager and he did it, because of course someone has to know, but the lady said she's been working there for 18 months and has yet to see one ever. Figures. I mean with only 1,000 nationwide, that's not too many for any given movie and they only do it a few times a year.

Before the movie, they had the Transformers trailer as usual. Someone yelled, "BORING!!!" and he got a handful of people applauding while everyone else laughed. Yeaaahhh... not a good sign. 

When I left the movie, besides the usual applause, I was walking to my car and there was a family in front of me who had just seen it. Kids maybe 7 and 9? Looked about that age. The younger one said, "Spoiler spoiler spoiler it was good but spoiler spoiler spoiler," and you can figure out the spoilers yourself. The basic point: He was bummed it was such a dark movie. The family kept talking about it, agreeing it had to be dark, but the son still wished it could have been less dark. I'm not surprised by that reaction among kids. It sounded like they enjoyed the film, at least. The way this kid put what he was saying cracked me up, though, definitely something I said to my GF after I saw it too. In my case, not in a bad way.

Weather was clear today in Portland, very cold, but clear. No warm up quite yet. Yesterday I didn't see the movie because of icy roads and snow flurries, small though they were. Today it was just cold, low 30s, but they are saying it'll warm up tonight and this week... except possible overnight snow a few nights, but day time highs seem well high enough to keep the weather at bay. The roads were fine today, all main roads anyway. Taking one back road, my Camaro slipped even going only 22 and it slid a bit to the side, but no big deal, that has happened every time I've driven the last 4 days. Just one little slip. I don't think it's keeping many people home, frankly.

I have nothing at all to compare to from yesterday unfortunately, which is a bummer, but the theater was much busier today than it was Thursday night for previews or Friday afternoon. That doesn't surprise me, though, it's a weekend. I would expect that. Some people were probably seeing other movies, too, whereas Thursday night everyone was kind of going to the same thing.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

I had to punish my body for the potential R1 OW > TDK OW

You should've drowning yourself in the wisdom of the late Zsa Zsa Gabor instead.

"I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house."

lmao that's one of the quotes that's been going around since the news broke of her death. Woman was definitely a character.