Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

Just now, grey ghost said:

What James Cameron directed a Star Wars movie? :apocalypse:

It would be star wars only in name, it would be a fresh new interesting amazingly directed masterpiece that not a soul would miss. 22trillion ww

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I was pretty mixed on this movie and I thought Godzilla was almost complete shit, but I'm not frequently making chronic shitposts about evil Gareth Edwards ruining Star Wars or Rogue One's box office.

Ha, as if I'd give Gareth Edwards the power to ruin Star Wars for me! If Lucas himself couldn't do that for me, then I sure as hell won't let lowly Edwards do that. This isn't even a Star Wars movie to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ha, as if I'd give Gareth Edwards the power to ruin Star Wars for me! If Lucas himself couldn't do that for me, then I sure as hell won't let lowly Edwards do that. This isn't even a Star Wars movie to me.

memeball8 though, that did it for you

What's up y'all? This is @MovieMan89
You know I've been all around the site, right?
But tonight I'm on my dumb shit

I'm landed in the theater at a quarter to noon
So excited to see it, I went straight to the box office
I heard it's exquisite, so I bought my ticket
Pushed my way to the front of the crowd
And I couldn't believe what I saw

Rogue One, you're an overrated piece of shit
With your terrible style and your dead shark tone
And a smirk like you're hiding a dick
What the fuck is this garbage?
Gareth Edwards, the original basic bitch
Traveled tens of miles to see your beautiful movie
Talk about a bait and switch, you ugly

I'm landed in Cairo to see the pyramids
But what did I find there? A dirty pile of bricks
There was trash all over and a very foul odor
The smell was that of a camel's ass
But even that wasn't as bad as

Rogue One, you're worse than the pyramids
Can someone explain why the whole wide world
Is obsessed with a bland cash grab?
Looks like a bland cash grab!

And Gareth Edwards must have sucked an art historian's dick
To get this film who looked like uncooked bread
At the top of the all-time list of movies

Spoiler

I skipped the last two stanzas :ph34r: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

No one gave you shit for it because you were quiet about it. What fun is that? 

Btw, I'm equally if not more vocal about a movie I love, again as evidenced by this time last year when I was one of the most active posters here, cheering TFA along every chance I could get. 

I really have no use for discussions on things that are mediocre in life to me. 

haha, i wasn't quiet about it. maybe to you not whining about it ad nauseam means being quiet, i dunno. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Highever said:

I would just like to say, wow... 

Edwards feels like he tried something. Unlike TFA where mechanic Abrams constructed a formulaic fast-paced hit your beats please the masses affair, this feels like it tried to be something special. Regardless of the result, I admire that. 

They hired JJ to make a JJ movie and boy did he. Can't really fault them for making the safest choice possible with their big Star Wars coming out party but I'm glad JJ just made the one

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, this board is so damn sensitive about Star Wars, I love it. I remember last year at this time when I was TFA's biggest fan I was in the top 5 most liked posters most weeks. This year 90% of the board wants to see me hanged for hating R1. This is so much fun. :lol:

No, they simply think it is annoying even if they didn't give a shit about Star Wars.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

So latest update is at about 70M?

Variety and Deadline say high 60's from hours ago. Rth says 64 to 6...pardon this transmission there's been an error...73, someone's Daddy I've never heard of is saying 80 and I'm puffing magic dragons because a red bird told me so. 

Edited by MovieMan89

3 minutes ago, Moviefanatic said:

Which scene?

NO SPOILERS HERE FOLKS!!!! :)

edit

OK, I guess Ozy's respons was fair enough. (hadn't popped up yet when I was typing). But just wanted to remind one and all that there is a strict NO SPOILERS policy in this thread.   

Don't want to make Old Man Tele grumpy as he is about to head to a 15/70mm showing after all. :P

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

giphy.gif

So I'm new, but I've been lurking since the Suicide Squad craziness. That's what drew me to this forum. I've been following the box office and opening weekends since the Dark Knight. I can't believe I didn't find this place until a few months ago. 

I thought this looked like a fun forum with lots of conversation and some glorious meltdowns. So hi, nice to meet everyone. 

• Like 29